Solved

Filtering Extension add-on

• 2 January 2014
  • 65 replies

I found the Filtering Extension add-on in Chrome tonight -- I enabled that and the Password Manager.

Now, when I Google for a website, the link appears then in seconds turns to something like this:
nullWebroot URL Classification Category: Uncategorized Confidence: 0 Scand I can't click on the link. For now I'm going to disable the add-on but any info is appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 February 2014, 21:52

View original

65 replies

Userlevel 7
steve141, 

Thank you for your input!  I have no problems disabling the extentions in Chrome, IE, or Firefox, but it is good to know that others are also not having a problem with temporarily disabling it.  I very much look forward to the issue being fixed, and I am sure Webroot will update this thread once it is!

Remember to re-enable the extension as soon as the issue is fixed.  The Web Filter is a part of the protection that WSA provides.
Userlevel 7
Please note that you can submit a URL to see what its rating is supposed to be using the following link below if need be. Also this issue doesnt effect the Webroot clients ability to remove/block Malware. 

http://www.brightcloud.com/support/lookup.php
I've just updated my account and noticed this for the first time too. Very annoying, so I promptly turned off the extension (Chrome>Tools>Extensions).  I hope you figure out a fix soon so i can turn it back on. Would it help if I filed a Trouble Ticket, or is that unnecessary now the gnomes are at work? ;-)

Subscribing to the RSS feed for this topic now. Good luck!
Userlevel 7
If you dont mind submitting a ticklet please do thanks!
Ticket submitted! Thanks 🙂
I have the same problem using Firefox just like everyone on this post.  Any updates?
Userlevel 7
Hello pduytengsu and welcome to the Webroot Community!

None yet, but they are working hard to fix it.  Once there IS an update for a fix, I am sure Webroot will be putting a reply on this thread or a new thread to let us all know.
I followed an earlier suggestion of disabling the Webroot Filtering Extension 1.0.0.21 located on Firefox's add-on and it did work for me.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing this problem. Glad it's being worked on.  Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I followed an earlier suggestion of disabling the Webroot Filtering Extension 1.0.0.21 located on Firefox's add-on and it did work for me.
Don't forget to re-enable it after it's fixed.

TH
I am having this same problem. I'm glad it has been reported. Hopefully, a fix will be coming ASAP.
Userlevel 7
Hi looster

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Glad to have you here despite the circumstances for your visit. ;)

As far as we understand it the Development Team are fully aware of the issue and working to resolve it...and once they have the bit between the teeth it is usually just a matter of time.  So keep checking back here for update.

Regards

Baldrick
Disabling the add on seems to work thankfully.
Userlevel 7
Hello clair_brodie and welcome to the Webroot Community!

You are correct in that disabling the extension/addon is a workaround to the issue remember to watch for an announcement for the problem being fixed.  While the other modules in Webroot will keep you protected, the Web Threat Shield is a very important part of WSA and should be re-enabled as soon as possible.
Good to know the issue is being checked out..I've disabled the extension in Chrome for the time being.
Userlevel 7
Hi maicakid

I have not yet welcomed you to the Community Forums...so a BIG Welcome...:D

As David stated in a previous post..."...remember to watch for an announcement for the problem being fixed.  While the other modules in Webroot will keep you protected, the Web Threat Shield is a very important part of WSA and should be re-enabled as soon as possible."

We know that the Support & Development Teams are taking the issue extremely serious and we know that they are working very hard to resolve it.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks for the welcome.  I will definitely keep my eyes open and enable once the issue is fixed.

I don't understand some of the complaints about Webroot.  It's the first security software I've used that doesn't slow down my computer and/or take 30+ minutes to scan!
Userlevel 7
I have found it very effective on my computer.  This current issue is very annoying to say the least, but I do not know a single malware/security suite that hasn't had it's own issues.

But, for every computer user there is a separate and distinct opinion.  There simply will never be any one piece of software that EVERYONE likes and agrees on, just like everything else in life 🙂
I, too, use speech-to-text - and am a very experienced user / programmer (started by teething on punch cards in 1968, and took my first laptop to college with me in the late 1980s...).

I've rarely been so frustrated with an extensibility issue! Please, please grade the sites, certainly - but let us be the final arbiters of whether we need the information on them! We're smarter than we look!

Not only that, but you don't make it very obvious where to disable this mess when we're on short deadlines and already frustrated. :@

I love this product, but the filtering extension? Not at this time, thank you.

HistorianLaura
(And absolutely - for the most part I am completely crazy about Webroot - which makes me that much more nuts about the web filtering issue!)
Userlevel 7
Hello Laura and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I have been using this new Filter Extenstion since it was released, and really I have to say I very much like it.  Now the last few days have been quite the challenge, but once the current issue if fixed we will be able to see ALL results/links again just as we were able to up until the last few days.

Hopefully they will have things fixed soon!
Userlevel 7
Just got an update and we are currently working to resolve this issue. I'll provide an update once resolved.

Thank you for your patience! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Just got an update and we are currently working to resolve this issue. I'll provide an update once resolved.

Thank you for your patience! 
Thanks Mike on an update and we can point other users to this thread to look for a reply from you when this has been  resolved!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
It's been 2 weeks since there's been any activity on this thread.  Has this issue been officially resolved?
Userlevel 7
Hi RonnieJP

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

The answer is, as far as I know, 'No' as Mike has not posted back to say that resolution has been achieved.  But I am sure that as soon as he has something to share I am sure he will. :D

Hi @...would you have an interim update for for us as to where Support is re. this?  Any such news would be much appreciated.  Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Baldrick