Solved

Filtering Extension add-on

• 2 January 2014
  • 65 replies

I found the Filtering Extension add-on in Chrome tonight -- I enabled that and the Password Manager.

Now, when I Google for a website, the link appears then in seconds turns to something like this:
nullWebroot URL Classification Category: Uncategorized Confidence: 0 Scand I can't click on the link. For now I'm going to disable the add-on but any info is appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 February 2014, 21:52

View original

65 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello all!
I do have an update.
This issue is resolved for PC users. Mac users may experience "Undetermined" search annotations and this is currrently being resolved.
If there are any PC users still experiencing this, please uninstall/reinstall the WSA agent and make sure issue reproduces. If so contact support at once.

Thanks all, 
Userlevel 7
Hi Shawn

Many thanks.  The update is, and will be, much appreciated, by all. :D
Regards

Baldrick
Hi Shawn,

I turned the extension back on and it is working on Firefox 26.0.

Is there someplace I can go to figure out what the stats are in the popup that Webroot opens when you hover on one of the ranking icons?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hi Kat

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

If you need to get a URL classification changed then click here to open Webroot's URL Reputation Change Request page.  The reason I mention this is because if you go to the web page it gives a definition of the categorisations...and now you know how to report what you believe are false positives, i.e., site blocked that you do not believe should be, or to suggest sites for reclassification.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick 
Userlevel 1
Thank you Shawn.

I has seemed to be working OK again last week, in both Firefox and IE11, so I was just wondering since I didn't see anything posted.

Congrats to the Webroot support team and this community.
Category, Confidence, Score - those are the things I'm wondering about. I'm just curious, but if there is an explanation somewhere, that would be great. For example, if a site has confidence of 98 and score of 98, what is it lacking?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This should help Kat! http://www.brightcloud.com/support/repchangerequest.php?submitted=1
and here: http://www.brightcloud.com/toc/index.php
http://www.brightcloud.com/toc/webreputation.php

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Kat

I know that it can be confusing so perhaps this will help.  The guidance to classificaiton is basically:

• If you believe the site should not be blocked, then give it the highest possible rating, i.e., “81-100”
• If you believe the site should be blocked, then give it ehe lowest possible rating. i.e., “1-20”

The values in between give a view as to how the URL is when compared to the above estremes.  I do not know if that clarifies but if not then please post back.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I had to have someone clean up computer in order for me to work it right. I recently came to webroot from Norton. And I'm sure I can get used to Webroot. 
But anways with the trouble I had I'm a bit nervous to enable a extension on chrome for filtering and now I just got notified that a password manager extension is ready to be enabled. Anyone even know what the password manager is?
I think I will wait for a good reply that all bugs are worked out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:But anways with the trouble I had I'm a bit nervous to enable a extension on chrome for filtering and now I just got notified that a password manager extension is ready to be enabled. Anyone even know what the password manager is?

Hello Sheils, and welcome.

Here is some info about password management feature, I hope may help.
 https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-use-Password-Manager/ta-p/71355

Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help

It would be best to enable the filtering extensions when prompted. Here's some info about shields, and what they do: 
 Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help

Don't worry, it's not at all complicated, and you can even 'set and forget' if you wish. Have a read-up on how it works, and I'm sure you'll find many improvements, compared to Norton.

Any questions, please feel free to ask 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheils

Dermot is spot on, and I would follow his advice.  YOu can always reverse the process described and turn the Webroot (or any add-ons, for that matter) off if you do not want to use them.

IF you have any further issues just post back as Dermot suggested...we are all here to help you.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
thank you to you and Baldrick. I was a bit freaked out by all the talk about not getting on chrome after enabling the filter. But I went a head and enabled the filter extension. Keeping fingers crossed. Also enable the password manager. I guess as I go around the internet I'll get more used to what the password manager will do.
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheils

No problem...that is what the Community is here for, amongst other things...like having fun.  ;)

I recommend you take a look around the Knowledge Base...see the links at the top of the page.  To get you started take a look at this article and this one too on how to use the Password Manager...and if you have any more detailed questions...well, just come back here and someone is sure to respond.

Have fun and enjoy.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Thank you
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, Sheils. 😃