Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Go to the folowing site https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ and download ver. 60 backup your data and uninstall ver 62 now install ver 60 and password manager everything should work as designed.
No thanks and it doesn't help non-techie people so it's best to wait for the fix. Use Chrome or IE for now. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/328895#M12591
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hi LLiddell,Your feedback is greatly appreciated. How about communicating to us Webroot subscribers , exactly what progress you and the Team has made, and what progress has been accomplished since Password Manager went missing. On a scale of 1 to 10... what step would you and the Team say your on ? 1 being when Password Manager went AWOL and 10 being ,we are ready to roll out the new and improved Password Manager.
Keep up the good work,we  all are rooting for you all.
I can't disclose any information yet, that's the reason for the lack of communication. I'll send another email to the product team and ask what I can specifically share with you all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
We’re pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new version of the Webroot® Password Manager extension between the end of January and early February of 2019. Powered by LastPass, the new extension will address a number of issues our customers have reported, including browser incompatibilities with Safari and Mozilla Firefox, as well as login and access issues.

Many of you have been waiting patiently for news and fixes for some time, and we want to thank you for continuing to bear with us. When we analyzed the code to determine how best to resolve these issues, we realized it would be quicker and more effective to work with LastPass on a new implementation, rather than trying to modify the older code. While the process has taken longer than we would have liked, it will help ensure solid fixes for our customers’ issues, and provide a smoother experience overall. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you again for your patience. Please keep an eye out for further announcements as we get closer to the release timeframe.
How about Webroot making there own? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779 OMG this is unbelievable and I know you are only the Messenger but......... 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
We’re pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new version of the Webroot® Password Manager extension between the end of January and early February of 2019. Powered by LastPass, the new extension will address a number of issues our customers have reported, including browser incompatibilities with Safari and Mozilla Firefox, as well as login and access issues.

Many of you have been waiting patiently for news and fixes for some time, and we want to thank you for continuing to bear with us. When we analyzed the code to determine how best to resolve these issues, we realized it would be quicker and more effective to work with LastPass on a new implementation, rather than trying to modify the older code. While the process has taken longer than we would have liked, it will help ensure solid fixes for our customers’ issues, and provide a smoother experience overall. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you again for your patience. Please keep an eye out for further announcements as we get closer to the release timeframe.
How about Webroot making there own? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779 OMG this is unbelievable and I know you are only the Messenger but......... :@
I totally agree Daniel. It would be great if Webroot was not reliant on other companies so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
How about Webroot making there own? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779 OMG this is unbelievable and I know you are only the Messenger but......... :@
Our goal for right now is to get Password Manager back to being fully operable as soon as possible. The fastest way to achieve that is to work with LastPass on a brand new build.
It's been almost 2 months and now another possible 3 months to have a working product? To me that is not Soon as Possible and again I know your only the Messenger but what a blunder on the Webroot staff that is responsible for such a mess. 😞 :(
I understand you have to get the PWM back and operable again but I would like to think that a lesson may have been learned here.
As a long term remedy I think it would be more beneficial to bring PWM in house rather than rely on other companies. A problem could probably be dealt with much quicker as soon as it is found rather going to a 3rd party for a fix.
I'm guessing that those at Webroot are not happy with the reaction from those of us here to the information provided, but it is most CERTAINLY better than not saying anything at all to us.

Don't you think???

This wasn't just going to go away on its own, and honestly, I think the reactions here are rather subdued, considering that we are paying for something we're not getting. Some start class-action lawsuits over such things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I know this is a hot thread and everything, but can we keep things civil and about PWM? Not sure how it got so off the rails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ the thread is now marked not Solved as I removed my Solution from here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/322080#M12471

The new issue started with Firefox 62 build from here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/328189#M12564
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Looks like I need to remind you all that this thread needs to stay on topic. Please take this other discussion somewhere else or I will move it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Looks like I need to remind you all that this thread needs to stay on topic. Please take this other discussion somewhere else or I will move it.
Understood...I apologize Lara that we got off topic. Will do..
Thanks, Sherry! We reference this thread when discussing PWM, which makes it all the more critical that it stays on point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Thank you Ssherjj, but can I then import it in to the stand alone Last Pass?
Yes it sounds like you can import to Last Pass. I haven't done that yet "Importing" but the help site said you can.
If you are currently using another password-management application, you can import data from that application into the Webroot Password Manager.

To import passwords by using the Webroot drop-down menu:
  1. Open a web browser and sign in to your SecureAnywhere account. (Click the “Webroot icon” in your browser’s toolbar, then enter your Webroot user name and password.) [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_signinbar.png[/img]  
  2. Click the drop-down arrow next to Tools, then select Import From. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_pmimportfrommenu.png[/img] A list of applications appears in a submenu.  
  3. In the submenu, select from the list of password-management applications.  
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions for importing passwords from that application. (Since every password application is unique, the instructions for importing data from each one is also unique.)
To import passwords from the Passwords site:
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordclickportal.png[/img]  
  2. Under MyIdentity actions, click Import data. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_myidentityimport.png[/img]  
  3. From the dialog, click the arrow next to the Import data from field and select a password management application. Click Continue. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordimportfrom.png[/img]  
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions for importing passwords from that application. (Since every password application is unique, the instructions for importing data from each one is also unique.)   Also @ uses Last Pass. Can you assist here PTD?

Just alittle more from the Online Guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#WorkingWithPasswords/ImportingAndExportingData.htm%3FTocPath%3DWorking%2520With%2520Passwords%7C_____8

1. Select one of the export options.A window displays asking for your SecureAnywhere master password.
  1. Enter your SecureAnywhere account password and click Sign In.
  2. Do one of the following:[list]
  3. If you selected Webroot CSV File or Webroot Encrypted File, the system prompts you for a file name and a directory to store that file.
  4. If you selected a browser, your password data will be exported into the browser’s built-in password manager.
[/list]
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Webroot Support can help you with your Webroot subscription.  Okay?

Hopefully they can assist you in your Password Management Console. 
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@ wrote:
Hi @,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Webroot Support can help you with your Webroot subscription.  Okay?

thank you for all you do, I know there are many people becoming frustrated with this issue and you and the other mods have been doing a great job. Very much appreciated :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi @,

thank you for all you do, I know there are many people becoming frustrated with this issue and you and the other mods have been doing a great job. Very much appreciated :D
Why Thank you so much. It's so refreshing to hear something nice once in awhile . We appreciate your patience & understanding through all of this. 

Have a great weekend!  😉
@ wrote:
My subscription is up in a Month and my renewing it pretty much depends on how honest and honorable the suits and ties and skirts are at Webroot...The lack of communication and the lack of concern on Webroot part is quite alarming.
Robert, it is that word “honour” that in a strange kind of way chimes with me. I never thought I’d say this but … despite the fact that I still believe Webroot offers the best malware protection out there, I nevertheless find myself questioning whether I feel comfortable continuing with Webroot as my AV. There are several factors that are pushing me to question my loyalty. It’s not just the Password Manager issue and in particular the way Webroot has been handling its communications (or, rather, its non-communication) with customers regarding this problem—though certainly their apparent “lack of concern” regarding this issue does trouble me—rather that issue has been one of several issues that seem to be symptoms of a wider attitude and corporate culture that I, like you, find “alarming”.

When WSA was Prevx, in every respect the way they behaved seemed to communicate loudly and clearly that the customer was at the very centre of their whole business outlook. It sadly no longer feels that way.

I hope I shall find opportunities in different ways and through different posts in the near future to illustrate why I feel like this.

I don’t know how all this will play out for me. It may well be that I will continue with Webroot. But I fear that something sacred has been lost. And as a result it may be that, at the end of the day, I will be prepared to make some sacrifices in the area of robustness of protection if I can find another security company that values the customer more than Webroot appears to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Both are working ok for me on this version of FF.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters!

No issues here as well:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Indeed TH,as Firefox updated, and again WPM has been put in the 'Legacy' add ons and disallowed due to signing matters. WFU installed correctly.:@
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thanks Daniel, beginning to think I had something peculiar to my system. Mops brow and pours stiff scotch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hey everyone, 

This is a known issue that we caught and are currently working on a solution. 

I'll update with more as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The Password Manager fix is not working for me either with this update of Firefox. This update of FF caught me off guard when opening the browser! UGH!

Waiting for a fix because I do not see any workaround other then reverting back to previous version of FF.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Everyone, 
We are working towards a fix for our issue with password manager not working on Firefox. I do not have an estimate on when we will have a fix ready yet but i will keep you all posted. 

Meanwhile, apologies for the inconvenience caused and would recommend switching to alternate browsers such as Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks
Pawani

Hi kim38555, I have to agree with what you say. What chaps my hide is the total lack of communication between those in the know and those who want to know. Ive been a fan of Webroot for years but no longer can I support them.

Something changed about a year and a half ago. As subscribers, we are beholding to the "uppers" to keep us informed. Its how a " superior " reacts to a dilemma that puts the customers at ease. It sucks !!!! that the only answer those "superiors " can come up with is "we will keep you informed".

Hey "superiors " here's and idea on what to do/say to those FORTY NINE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY paid subscribers.

Dear loyal Webroot subscribers,
  We ran into a brick wall when Firefox upgraded. We know that Firefox upgrades every year and every year we have to "fix" something. We got caught with our pants down and are now trying to catch up. I know you all think we are just stumbling along but this is a real dilemma for us and contrary to what some of you might think...and rightfully so;we are busting our twigs and berries to fix the Password Manager.

As one of those " superiors " I promise to extend the courtesy and touch base with all of you, every single day to keep you, our loyal customers, up to date on our progress to fix this issue. Even if we don't have any news I promise that I will keep all of our loyal paid subscribers, and future subscribers in the loop. Our Webroot staff is apologetic to all of you for what you are experiencing but please understand, we are diligently working to keep our 49 THOUSAND clients safe and secure.

Absolutely and Very Sincerely ,
A " superior " at Webroot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @

We'd hate to lose you as a paid customer and supporter of Webroot. You have always backed up and supported Webroot on this Community Forum for years.
Maybe your post will wake up the Superiors? It is hard for us Webrooters to see customers struggling over a paid product and to feel helpless to find a solution.
I do feel for the Webroot Engineers who are under pressure to fix PWM. As I met some of them when I had my visit to the Webroot Office in Colorado years ago. But I agree with you that the "Superiors" should report everyday about the progress of this fix. They owe it to all of us who run Password Manager.

I/we appreciate that you expressed your concerns/feelings here on the Forum. That means alot to us.

Thanks again!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Spot on Sherry.
I hope your words do sink in with the staff @, something needs to and very soon as well.