Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@ROBERT1725 wrote:
Hi LLiddell,Your feedback is greatly appreciated. How about communicating to us Webroot subscribers , exactly what progress you and the Team has made, and what progress has been accomplished since Password Manager went missing. On a scale of 1 to 10... what step would you and the Team say your on ? 1 being when Password Manager went AWOL and 10 being ,we are ready to roll out the new and improved Password Manager.
Keep up the good work,we  all are rooting for you all.

I can't disclose any information yet, that's the reason for the lack of communication. I'll send another email to the product team and ask what I can specifically share with you all.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
So, does this mean that Webroot believes it's a good idea, if we want to use the password manager, for users to stay locked into the previous version of Firefox for an additional 3 months?

It seems like fixing this is not a high priority, as there has already been substantial delay, peppered with occasional teasers to keep stringing people along.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Both are working ok for me on this version of FF.

@ROBERT1725 wrote:
My subscription is up in a Month and my renewing it pretty much depends on how honest and honorable the suits and ties and skirts are at Webroot...The lack of communication and the lack of concern on Webroot part is quite alarming.

Robert, it is that word “honour” that in a strange kind of way chimes with me. I never thought I’d say this but … despite the fact that I still believe Webroot offers the best malware protection out there, I nevertheless find myself questioning whether I feel comfortable continuing with Webroot as my AV. There are several factors that are pushing me to question my loyalty. It’s not just the Password Manager issue and in particular the way Webroot has been handling its communications (or, rather, its non-communication) with customers regarding this problem—though certainly their apparent “lack of concern” regarding this issue does trouble me—rather that issue has been one of several issues that seem to be symptoms of a wider attitude and corporate culture that I, like you, find “alarming”.

When WSA was Prevx, in every respect the way they behaved seemed to communicate loudly and clearly that the customer was at the very centre of their whole business outlook. It sadly no longer feels that way.

I hope I shall find opportunities in different ways and through different posts in the near future to illustrate why I feel like this.

I don’t know how all this will play out for me. It may well be that I will continue with Webroot. But I fear that something sacred has been lost. And as a result it may be that, at the end of the day, I will be prepared to make some sacrifices in the area of robustness of protection if I can find another security company that values the customer more than Webroot appears to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Spot on Sherry.
I hope your words do sink in with the staff @ROBERT1725, something needs to and very soon as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thank you for the update Pawani.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@TripleHelix wrote:

@LLiddell wrote:
We’re pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new version of the Webroot®️ Password Manager extension between the end of January and early February of 2019. Powered by LastPass, the new extension will address a number of issues our customers have reported, including browser incompatibilities with Safari and Mozilla Firefox, as well as login and access issues.

Many of you have been waiting patiently for news and fixes for some time, and we want to thank you for continuing to bear with us. When we analyzed the code to determine how best to resolve these issues, we realized it would be quicker and more effective to work with LastPass on a new implementation, rather than trying to modify the older code. While the process has taken longer than we would have liked, it will help ensure solid fixes for our customers’ issues, and provide a smoother experience overall. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you again for your patience. Please keep an eye out for further announcements as we get closer to the release timeframe.

How about Webroot making there own? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779 OMG this is unbelievable and I know you are only the Messenger but......... :@

I totally agree Daniel. It would be great if Webroot was not reliant on other companies so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@TripleHelix wrote:

@LLiddell wrote:

How about Webroot making there own? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779 OMG this is unbelievable and I know you are only the Messenger but......... :@

Our goal for right now is to get Password Manager back to being fully operable as soon as possible. The fastest way to achieve that is to work with LastPass on a brand new build.

It's been almost 2 months and now another possible 3 months to have a working product? To me that is not Soon as Possible and again I know your only the Messenger but what a blunder on the Webroot staff that is responsible for such a mess. 😞 :(

I understand you have to get the PWM back and operable again but I would like to think that a lesson may have been learned here.
As a long term remedy I think it would be more beneficial to bring PWM in house rather than rely on other companies. A problem could probably be dealt with much quicker as soon as it is found rather going to a 3rd party for a fix.
Userlevel 7

@Powderworks wrote:
I received an error with Password Manager also with the new Firefox update. The error states that "Webroot Password Manager could not be verified for use with Firefox and has been disabled." How can I get this extension back and on my toolbar?

Hello Powderworks,

Welcome to the Community.

Until Webroot fixes the Password Manager, rolling back Firefox to the previous version seems to be the only choice. This is what I did.

First, by default, Firefox is set for automatic updates. To prevent Firefox from automatically updating itself after you install an older version, you'll need to change your Firefox update settings: Click the menu button

and choose Options. In the General panel, go to the Firefox Updates section.

I changed mine to "Check for updates but let you choose to install them". Restart Firefox. Now Firefox won't update automatically.

Then go here to download older version of Firefox.

I used 61.0.2. I just installed it right over the top of my existing install. After that my Passsword manager was back.

Hope this info helps, ;)

Userlevel 7
I'm guessing that those at Webroot are not happy with the reaction from those of us here to the information provided, but it is most CERTAINLY better than not saying anything at all to us.

Don't you think???

This wasn't just going to go away on its own, and honestly, I think the reactions here are rather subdued, considering that we are paying for something we're not getting. Some start class-action lawsuits over such things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Webrooters!

No issues here as well:

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
The Password Manager fix is not working for me either with this update of Firefox. This update of FF caught me off guard when opening the browser! UGH!

Waiting for a fix because I do not see any workaround other then reverting back to previous version of FF.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thank you @ROBERT1725

We'd hate to lose you as a paid customer and supporter of Webroot. You have always backed up and supported Webroot on this Community Forum for years.
Maybe your post will wake up the Superiors? It is hard for us Webrooters to see customers struggling over a paid product and to feel helpless to find a solution.
I do feel for the Webroot Engineers who are under pressure to fix PWM. As I met some of them when I had my visit to the Webroot Office in Colorado years ago. But I agree with you that the "Superiors" should report everyday about the progress of this fix. They owe it to all of us who run Password Manager.

I/we appreciate that you expressed your concerns/feelings here on the Forum. That means alot to us.

Thanks again!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thank you @PVaddi

I'm anxious to hear what's coming up. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi @BillR,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Webroot Support can help you with your Webroot subscription.  Okay?

Hopefully they can assist you in your Password Management Console. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@BillR wrote:

@Ssherjj wrote:
Hi @BillR,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Webroot Support can help you with your Webroot subscription.  Okay?

thank you for all you do, I know there are many people becoming frustrated with this issue and you and the other mods have been doing a great job. Very much appreciated :D

Why Thank you so much. It's so refreshing to hear something nice once in awhile . We appreciate your patience & understanding through all of this. 

Have a great weekend!  ;)
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Ssherjj wrote:
Hi @BillR,

thank you for all you do, I know there are many people becoming frustrated with this issue and you and the other mods have been doing a great job. Very much appreciated :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@freydrew wrote:
Hey everyone, 

This is a known issue that we caught and are currently working on a solution. 

I'll update with more as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@kevco wrote:
The lack of being able to use the password manager in Firefox 62 is bad enough.  It is atrocious that this issue isn't being dealt with quicker (bad business model).  To make matters worse, when logging into my control profile, I can't even access it there to download.  It is not acceptable to tell people to use different browsers.  It is not acceptable to make it difficult to find information on this problem, and it is not acceptable not to provide emailed updates as to the status to fix it.  It is not acceptable that users have to waste their own valuable time to deal with this.

I rolled back Firefox to the last version before 62.  The password manager add-on then reappeared, however when attempting to log into it, on two different computers, I get a failure notification due to server error.  One remaining computer that I managed to block from upgrading to 62 can still log into password manager, but when I accessed my profile console, it gives me an error when I try to get into the password section there.

100% unacceptable.  What I'd like to know is if this is being taken care of, or is it time for me to part ways with Webroot.

I agree fully and maybe it's time for Webroot to make there own Password Manager as they use a rebranded version of LastPass at this time. I just put in a Feature Request: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779

@PVaddi @freydrew @LLiddell
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@Muddy7 wrote:
I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. I think that Webroot should concentrate on what they're good at: their outstanding anti-malware product (based on Prevx's revolutionary technology created in the noughties, and which they acquired in late 2010) and, perhaps, their good and reliable System Optimizer (based, I believe, on their, at the time, highly acclaimed Window Washer).

All their other bells and whistles (Personalized Security Report, System Analyzer, Password Manager, Backup & Sync—although it is possible that the Backup portion of the latter is an exception to the rule—and whatever other whistles I may have forgotten) are too often mediocre and/or flakey. There are better—sometimes far better—and often free, options on the market.

It would be a mistake, imo, for Webroot to decide to create their own Password Manager. Not only would this mean dissipating too many of their precious resources away from what they are outstanding at, but this product, too, could risk being flakey and unreliable. As @Baldrick has said in the past, better to be the Master of one than the jack of all trades!

My two cents worth...

I beg to differ with all the issues Webroot has been dealing with the Password Manager over the years so you can keep your two cents.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@LLiddell wrote:
We’re pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new version of the Webroot®️ Password Manager extension between the end of January and early February of 2019. Powered by LastPass, the new extension will address a number of issues our customers have reported, including browser incompatibilities with Safari and Mozilla Firefox, as well as login and access issues.

Many of you have been waiting patiently for news and fixes for some time, and we want to thank you for continuing to bear with us. When we analyzed the code to determine how best to resolve these issues, we realized it would be quicker and more effective to work with LastPass on a new implementation, rather than trying to modify the older code. While the process has taken longer than we would have liked, it will help ensure solid fixes for our customers’ issues, and provide a smoother experience overall. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you again for your patience. Please keep an eye out for further announcements as we get closer to the release timeframe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@kim38555 the thread is now marked not Solved as I removed my Solution from here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/322080#M12471

The new issue started with Firefox 62 build from here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/328189#M12564
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@Ssherjj wrote:

@kevco wrote:
Thank you Ssherjj, but can I then import it in to the stand alone Last Pass?

Yes it sounds like you can import to Last Pass. I haven't done that yet "Importing" but the help site said you can.
If you are currently using another password-management application, you can import data from that application into the Webroot Password Manager.

To import passwords by using the Webroot drop-down menu:
  1. Open a web browser and sign in to your SecureAnywhere account. (Click the “Webroot icon” in your browser’s toolbar, then enter your Webroot user name and password.) [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_signinbar.png[/img]  
  2. Click the drop-down arrow next to Tools, then select Import From. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_pmimportfrommenu.png[/img] A list of applications appears in a submenu.  
  3. In the submenu, select from the list of password-management applications.  
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions for importing passwords from that application. (Since every password application is unique, the instructions for importing data from each one is also unique.)
To import passwords from the Passwords site:
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordclickportal.png[/img]  
  2. Under MyIdentity actions, click Import data. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_myidentityimport.png[/img]  
  3. From the dialog, click the arrow next to the Import data from field and select a password management application. Click Continue. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordimportfrom.png[/img]  
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions for importing passwords from that application. (Since every password application is unique, the instructions for importing data from each one is also unique.)   Also @ProTruckDriver uses Last Pass. Can you assist here PTD?

Just alittle more from the Online Guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#WorkingWithPasswords/ImportingAndExportingData.htm%3FTocPath%3DWorking%2520With%2520Passwords%7C_____8

1. Select one of the export options.A window displays asking for your SecureAnywhere master password.
  1. Enter your SecureAnywhere account password and click Sign In.
  2. Do one of the following:[list]
  3. If you selected Webroot CSV File or Webroot Encrypted File, the system prompts you for a file name and a directory to store that file.
  4. If you selected a browser, your password data will be exported into the browser’s built-in password manager.
[/list]
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Indeed TH,as Firefox updated, and again WPM has been put in the 'Legacy' add ons and disallowed due to signing matters. WFU installed correctly.:@
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thanks Daniel, beginning to think I had something peculiar to my system. Mops brow and pours stiff scotch.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings