Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
hey bjm.....its a take off on a 1962 hit by Ernie Maresca about SHOUTING.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
See my reply to bjm. Carry on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
While completely correct. I would think that a company as smart as webroot would have been able to change the status of a thread on a site they host. But then why would that be so easy when it seems it was to much trouble to send out a mass email on the issue we are all dealing with. Ohhh that right because it was more important to send us an email on how they have an award winning support staff. SMFH!!  
The only way is to move the new posts to another new thread but that's up to the Webroot Community Staff.
@ wrote:
@ wrote:I never said that anyone should actually file a class-action suit against Webroot 
For pete's sake, whenever did I say you said that????
I never said you did. But it's the ENTIRE reason this whole thing got started, bjm posting the Webroot EULA (which I had no idea would be in all caps, but I'm seriously not surprised). I wasn't speaking about Webroot, just generally. Posting the EULA was not helpful.

@ wrote:
...once again you post your YOUR incorrect thoughts about my intentions
This is totally and utterly crazy!! Who's misreading whose thoughts/intentions? Certainly not me.*
Come on, Keith. This is not the first time you've misinterpreted my posts and then espoused on it, and you know it. Kudoing a post is NOT bullying, so get off your high-horse.

@ wrote: 
Can we be friends again?
Sorry, but we were never friends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Looks like I need to remind you all that this thread needs to stay on topic. Please take this other discussion somewhere else or I will move it.
Understood...I apologize Lara that we got off topic. Will do..
Thanks, Sherry! We reference this thread when discussing PWM, which makes it all the more critical that it stays on point.
Sure Lara,  thanks for warning us though.. Very important to stay on subject. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi @

Do you want to know how to export your passwords?

Please follow below:

To export data by using the Passwords site: Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data. From the dialog, enter your SecureAnywhere master password and click OK. The Export Data dialog opens, similar to the example below. In this dialog, you can see all the information for your sites, passwords, and Form Fill profiles. Click Save to File or Send to Printer. If you are saving a file, another dialog opens that allows you to select a file format, then click Export Data. If you are printing, your data is saved to an HTML page and another dialog opens where you can select a printer and click OK.

The Forum kept giving me an error when trying to post the diagrams.. I don't know what is up with that @? Strange...

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Thank you Ssherjj, but can I then import it in to the stand alone Last Pass?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35

I can reproduced this error showing below:L

Seems like there's something wrong with the HTML code on Lithium's end. I'll message you to get more details.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:

I can reproduced this error showing below:L

Seems like there's something wrong with the HTML code on Lithium's end. I'll message you to get more details.
Thank you Lara!
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Is there any update as to the progress on resolving this issue?  I keep getting warnings from Firefox about the browser being out of date.  Really, when you think about it, a program that is designed to promote security is causing many to take risks to be able to access their passwords.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Is there any update as to the progress on resolving this issue?  I keep getting warnings from Firefox about the browser being out of date.  Really, when you think about it, a program that is designed to promote security is causing many to take risks to be able to access their passwords.
HI Kevvo.

I know this is pushing everyone's patience about this Password Manager issue in Firefox  Please read this here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Password-Manager-problem/m-p/334644/high

Unbelievable that this has gone on so long  I'm not sure what is going on but it's supposed to to be a better Password Manager when said and done. 

Sorry for the inconveniences.. Which doesn't say much when Firefox is wanting you to update for security reasons . etc.. 

Userlevel 2
I finally caved and downloaded and installed the free version of LastPass so that I could update Firefox. Hopefully, the new product will seamlessy import my passwords from LastPass, when (and if) Webroot ever gets around to fixing this mess. I just couldn't keep ignoring the warnings about Firefox being out of date
Hi Yarco,

When I select "About Firefox", this is what I see...

According to the Firefox Website, 62 is still considered 'Beta'.

But it couldn't hurt to contact support and have them check your system for you, especially if you think the behavior you're experiencing is abnormal. 😉
@ wrote:

UPDATE; Seems you are quite correct BD with version number. I downloaded a 'fresh' version and it was indeed 61.0.2 and both WPM and WFU are now present again. Cheers to you ;)
No worries, friend. Thanks for letting us know what you discovered.

Have a good day 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +47
Hey everyone, 

This is a known issue that we caught and are currently working on a solution. 

I'll update with more as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Thanks for the feedback @

We are continuing to work on a permanent solution. 

I updated my post above as I have another path that you have not shown as you can see in my picture!

C:UsersDanielAppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles49ipnir3.defaultextensions
This did not work for me. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
So, mine just reports 62.0, not 62.0.2, and the extension is disabled.
The release is just 62.0
Userlevel 2
Update
Since Saturday I have tested this temporary rollback method. I'm using on 2 pc (win 10 ent 64, win 7 ult 64) 
Both machines are stable with no update from FF holding @ 61.0.2 ver
This is just a temporary fix until they get a permanent one from WR dev team...
I don't understand why Mozilla has to beta update all the time but I'm now going to stop these FF updates from occurring and disabling some very good add-ons, just so they can push some of there in-house versions.
Userlevel 2
Love my PW manager.... but i refuse to change browsers. This is honestly ridiculous.
 I'm sure even though part of what was purchased wont get any kind of refund or extended renewal date for the days it was usable.  Such a shame 😞
@ wrote:
yes. I did the roll back, I've tried to install the fix from a file, now this morning. It doesn't even show up in the list of Legacy extentions
Hi kim38555,

You may need to reinstall Webroot to get the PM back.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Hope this info helps,
Userlevel 2
Still no answer temporary or otherwise...... So sad.
Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2
Thanks, Burndaddy, but will there be a fix for this issue coming soon? I'd prefer to not switch browsers or install an older version of Firefox as it may "break" other add-ons that have been updated to the new version.
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
...being the very users that lead to their sucess in the first place.
I'm afraid I have difficulty in following you with that argument.

I think this is in danger of inflating our own importance. Imho if Webroot's success is down to anybody, it is surely down almost completely to the amazing and incredible Prevx team (all of whom have now gone on to other things, though many of the key-persons are still working under contract to Webroot for key-projects regarding WSA's future development: see, for example, here and here). We as beta testers are relatively small cogs in the machine, especially given the fact that the Webroot beta behaves very much like the consumer version of most other software products, so that our participation in testing is relatively passive most of the time, just confirming that everything is running as expected!

Yes, we play our part, but let's not get it out of perspecitve. Imho...
I was referring to Home users in general. 😠