Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

@ wrote:
The unfortunate side to all of this is the potential Webroot has in its hands. Webroot is one of a HANDFUL of antivirus suites created, maintained and built in America. Why is this such a big deal? Just do a search of the top 10 best antivirus suites and then search where they are based out of. It's kind of scary to think the BEST antivirus suites are based in, more or less, old eastern block nations with nasty hacking ties. I selected Webroot Total because it offered everything I was looking for (except VPN for my mobile phone). That LARGELY depended on a PASSWORD MANAGER. Now, I hate to say it, but if this issue cannot be resolved within a week, I WILL be asking for a FULL refund for my purchase. How do you think to update antivirus with the latest Firefox update and not the PM?!?!? A consumer-ready product is just that: Instantly ready for consumer use with all of its advertised components ready to go. Shame on you Webroot. Shame.
I hope they get it sorted before then, @. Webroot is still, in my opinion, hands-down the best you can use. And there is a mobile VPN that we are Beta testing for Webroot as we speak (Windows and Mac, too). There has been the occasional glitch with extensions, but I believe that's because Webroot is sometimes at the mercy of Firefox. I'm not sure how much forewarning developers are given from Mozilla, if any. But I have become accustomed to the Password Manager, too, so I want a fix as much as anyone. I hope they get this sorted soon so you can get a chance to see how well Webroot works. 😉
Userlevel 2
Honestly @, I've loved Webroot since I switched over back in January (I think). I do have problems with PM on my Android but I'm still looking into fixes for that. However, the loss of a PM is a MAJOR dealbreaker if not addressed any a VERY timely manner. We've all seen Norton and Mcafee degrade over the years and I've been very excited using Webroot. I really think, with a little more polish and behind the scenes coding, the US could finally have a competitor to Kaspersky! All I can do is hope.
I left Kaspersky for Webroot 6 years ago and I have never regretted that decision. I don't believe Webroot has ever been on par with Norton or McAfee. They were both degraded from the beginning, imho. 😛
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Further, because I NEED TO GET MY PASSWORDS, I installed Chrome just to see if I could access them there.  I installed the add-on, but it WILL NOT allow me to log on.  Instead, I get the same "an error occurred while attempting to contact the server.  Please check your internet connection" message I'm getting on Firefox.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.  What's wrong is whatever Webroot has done or not done to fix this situation.  It's really not funny at all.
Userlevel 2
Well...   knock on wood I did a system restore to  before the Firefox update then turned off update, rolled back Firefox and have not had and login troubles or use issues since. 
@ wrote:
With respect, I will keep Webroot with or without WPM
To my mind, that is the most significant statement made in this discussion so far. Webroot stands on its own without all the extras. And with aplomb.
Userlevel 2
Wow! This really takes some guts! Still no reply or solution to this on going problem and yet they send an e-mail touting their “Our award-winning support team”! Give me a break!

whatever
Muddy7, to agree with a post of mine or to not agree is what a Forum is about. Webster describes Forum as a " medium for open discussion " I cherish the fact that you choose to even read my postings. It shows just how far you have come since being bullied as a child. You should feel proud of your accomplishments in adulthood , others may not have been as fortunate as you have become. I will continue to support your right to express yourself either in script or in spoken word.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Looks like I need to remind you all that this thread needs to stay on topic. Please take this other discussion somewhere else or I will move it.
Understood...I apologize Lara that we got off topic. Will do..
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I was able to log in to the password manager  but there are no passwords listed in my account. I have an open ticket and added this and now im being told my subscription expired 45 days ago which is complete hogwash. I have 108 days left on my subscription, i added screenshots of that as well as my purchase receipt.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hi @

Do you want to know how to export your passwords?

Please follow below:

To export data by using the Passwords site: Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data. From the dialog, enter your SecureAnywhere master password and click OK. The Export Data dialog opens, similar to the example below. In this dialog, you can see all the information for your sites, passwords, and Form Fill profiles. Click Save to File or Send to Printer. If you are saving a file, another dialog opens that allows you to select a file format, then click Export Data. If you are printing, your data is saved to an HTML page and another dialog opens where you can select a printer and click OK.

The Forum kept giving me an error when trying to post the diagrams.. I don't know what is up with that @? Strange...

It mentions highlighted errors. What fields did it highlight?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi @

Do you want to know how to export your passwords?

Please follow below:

To export data by using the Passwords site: Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data. From the dialog, enter your SecureAnywhere master password and click OK. The Export Data dialog opens, similar to the example below. In this dialog, you can see all the information for your sites, passwords, and Form Fill profiles. Click Save to File or Send to Printer. If you are saving a file, another dialog opens that allows you to select a file format, then click Export Data. If you are printing, your data is saved to an HTML page and another dialog opens where you can select a printer and click OK.

The Forum kept giving me an error when trying to post the diagrams.. I don't know what is up with that @? Strange...

It mentions highlighted errors. What fields did it highlight?
I can reproduced this error showing below:L

@ wrote:
Unfortunately, the end that I'm seeing increasinly in sight looks like BitDefender. No company can keep ignoring their customers' concerns about any part of their product and expect to retain those customers.
If you are saying in the above not only where you personally are headed in terms of your cybersecurity protection but where you think Webroot is headed as a company, I think that's a bit extreme. Webroot's core product, its AV engine, is just too d*mn good for the whole company to go down as a result of its problems with its Password Manager.

However, I do think that this (almost never-ending :() Password Manager incident is symptomatic of a deeper malaise, one that I've been grousing about for some time: the problem of the general mediocrity (indeed, in some cases not even fit for purpose :@) of all those bits that I call its "bells and whistles" (System Optimizer excepted!). With this incident, the chickens have well and truly come home to roost.

When eventually Webroot comes out with its new Password Manager (which I am very much hoping will be the beginning of the reversal of this pattern :8), it would be interesting if we were ever allowed to see the statistics of how many people had abandoned Webroot as a result of that sad fiasco. Interesting also, if Webroot decides not to be totally generous in offering discounts/partial reimbursements to those who have had to put up with an only partially functioning suite, to see how many will go on to subsequently abandon their product.

@ wrote:
Secure web for your phone now has black writing on a black background.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and he said the phone issue isnt' that big a deal and the password manager will be fixed but they have no idea when and that Webroot is an antivrius, not a password manager so he insinuated it's a luxury.
If that is a fair and accurate summary of the Support technician's words, then I believe it betrays an incoherence in Webroot's policies.

On the one hand, they market their products in such a way as to say that their Antivirus product is the basic version, but the Internet Security Plus and the Internet Security Complete suites are the more complete and superior versions. On the other hand, they are saying "Webroot is an antivirus" and the rest is "not a big deal" or "a luxury".
Badge +1
I'm just curious if there has been any new feedback. We are nearing the middle of February. I'm fine with another delay, but I would like some transparency. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Turned on today and PWM is working in latest Firefox as normal, so do not know what happened.
Thank you Yarco for letting us know.

Have a great day! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I am on the release channel of FF I think and the Webroot Filtering Utility installed without fuss. I clicked on 'About Firefox' and it updated. Firefox 64/Windows 10 fully updated/WSA complete.

UPDATE; Seems you are quite correct BD with version number. I downloaded a 'fresh' version and it was indeed 61.0.2 and both WPM and WFU are now present again. Cheers to you 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Doesn't work here and see the date.

Userlevel 2
Broken for me too this week.  When is a fix going to be available?  Firefox 62.0
Userlevel 2
kim38555...try to clean your cookies then close your browser and reopen. Also remember the login pass is case sensitive (check caps lock)
Userlevel 2
kim38555,

Cannot see image attachment, ty to upload in.jpg or.png format
Also what OS are you running? If windows what version?

The stalwarts here know my point of view. I have the profoundest respect for Webroot's anti-malware product. I would (at present) use no other for in my opinion there are simply no peers to its superior security protection capabilities (though in the big world out there, this seems to be a pretty well kept secret :@). However experience has taught me to give all those bells and whistles that come with Webroot (apart from System Optimizer which is a successor to the once definitive Window Washer) a very wide berth indeed. I have found those I have used flaky (they just don't seem to have the same rigour in their coding) and unreliable.

If one does that, one can't go far wrong. Just my 2 cents worth...
Sorry. You are right. You were indeed referring to Home Users:

@ wrote:It seems that us Home users have had to take a 'backseat' to the Business users riding up front.
I stand corrected.
@ wrote:
Webroot is one of a HANDFUL of antivirus suites created, maintained and built in America.
I hate to correct you, Powderworks (I am very much liking your posts :D) but Webroot SecureAnywhere was created in the UK by Prevx (it was called Prevx 3.0). Prevx was then acquired by Webroot in 2010, and the whole team of Prevx programmers were brought over to Webroot and rebuilt Webroot entirely from scratch. Thus was born SecureAnywhere.

Regarding Password Manager, I am afraid that at present I don't use a Password Manager. However, Webroot PWM is a white label version of LastPass PWM, and according to Neil Rubenking, a rather outdated one. Maybe he is wrong, but according to his November 2017 review it is far from being the best. Usually, he has an extremely high view of Webroot SecureAnywhere but in this review he marked down the Internet Security Plus version considerably as a result of weaknesses of and problems with its PWM. In another review, he speaks very highly of the free version of Last Pass PWM.

Then again, I stand to be corrected on all this by anyone here who uses Webroot PWM.

By the way, regarding Webroot becoming a worthy competitor to Kaspersky, there are many who think that it is already superior to Kaspersky. You should speak for example to @ here who has had experience both of Kaspersky and of Webroot and hear what he has to say. See also these posts: here (you will need to follow this thread through to the end) and here and here (you will also need to follow this thread through) and here and here.

EDIT: You wrote your post about Kaspersky while I was writing mine, Jon. I didn't know you were an ex-Kaspersky user ;)
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the info, @. By your comments, it still sounds like "being built from the ground up" here in the states will give me a big thumbs up and peace of mind. I can see where PWM may be lacking but it did the job for me in the Total version without having to rely on an outside piece of software or add-on. As far as Kaspersky, I used Kaspersky Total Security for 2-3 years before they came under scrutiny. I also used their VPN on my mobile. When I said polished, I meant there were some options available that are not available in Webroot, not to mention the aesthetics were a bit more pleasing to the eye (imho). Don't get me wrong, if Webroot can patch this PWM with Firefox, I will be a long term user, especially since VPN is in beta and on the way. I can also see the company taking Mr. Rubenking's words to heart regarding the PWM and use his suggestions to polish the software even more. Who knows, though, just "yesterday" Trump and the Clintons were best buds and now are mortal enemies so anything can happen. lol