Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

@ wrote:
Webroot should not be "pleased" to announce anything like this. More like "It is with deep regret" or "We are ashamed to admit" that it will still be another 3 or 4 MONTHS before our software performs as advertised.
So true.

@ wrote:
History repeats: Webroot will promise, and will fail to deliver.  
In terms of promised date of resolution, probably so. It's difficult enough delivering on promised dates pertaining to software development, but when you have to add liaison and coordination with a partner software company on which your product totally depends, I would imagine this becomes so much more complicated. Anyway, here's hoping...

Btw if you have time to elaborate, @, would you care to share what your other two issues were?

PS. Incidentally, despite the flakiness, fuzziness and frankly general unreliability of most of Webroot's bells and whistles (which, let's hope, will now change with at least one of them, given Pawani's welcome announcement of a radical overhaul of the Password Manager—see post above) I still remain deeply confident in its core AV product—which I consider to be second to none.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Phew! another three months or so, jeez, thank goodness when I learned how to operate computers few decades back it was essential to have a plan B due to their utter unreliability in those ancient days. This has stayed with me ever since, so when PWM became inoperative it was merely a nuisance on an annoyance scale, as I had plan B to fall back on. As the core product is so great I shall stay with Webroot and see no reason to change at the present. Just my halfpenny worth!!
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
In light of the inability to upgrade browsers lest the password manager not function, you'd think there would be customer service tips put out to migrate existing password manager accounts to Last Pass until such a time it can be migrated back to whatever the end result will be with Webroot, which would be compatible with the latest version of the web browser.

But, there is no such offer of customer service tips to be found.
Userlevel 2
This is extremely disappointing news!
I'm guessing that those at Webroot are not happy with the reaction from those of us here to the information provided, but it is most CERTAINLY better than not saying anything at all to us.

Don't you think???

This wasn't just going to go away on its own, and honestly, I think the reactions here are rather subdued, considering that we are paying for something we're not getting. Some start class-action lawsuits over such things.

@ wrote:
Some start class-action lawsuits over such things. 

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THESE PROVISIONS WILL AFFECT HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD READ THEM VERY CAREFULLY. FOR EXAMPLE, UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OR HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 24 BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND WEBROOT MUST BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION.
https://eula.webrootanywhere.com/
Edit: copy/paste is not typing caps nor shouting.  
Regards w Respect
whatever
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters!

I was gone all day yesterday so I missed the recent posts concerning all this PW information. Looks like everyone has expressed their opinions, ideas, and I couldn't agree with you all more. I could get riled up too but it is not going to do much good right now.

As I see it we finally received information from the Management and all we can do with that is accept that this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So this is very disappointing but what can we do now to fix it ourselves  or to get by? Use a different browser, roll back FF, or go into the Online Account Console and do a backup of our passwords if we can? 

Webroot AV is always going to be my choice of protection for it hasn't let me down in 4 or so years.
The PWM is just one of the bells and whistles that isn't working for some and that is a shame. It isn't a perfect world. But I do think, Webroot hasn't given up on this and they are working hard to get us the PWM back to working. Sounds like it will be a much better product. I am optimistic though.

We asked for information and we got it and it was not what we wanted to hear so now what? Dealing with the now is how I am going to deal with it. I am sure Webroot will compensate all those who have the Password Manager and the time lost in our Subscriptions...
I actually think this is very positive news.

@ wrote:
Bearing in mind our larger goal and core competency is to protect our customers from hackers while we keep up with the variety of threats out there that are getting more and more dangerous, we decided we should partner with the industry leader in password management and provide you with the best service. 
With this partnership, you will receive the latest and greatest innovations in password management, advanced multifactor options and priority tech support which is a lot more than what we are able to offer you today. All this comes to you for no additional cost.
Sounds like Webroot is intending to do a radical overhaul of this feature of theirs and that they are intending for the final product to be far superior to what it is now, i.e. more complete, more robust, and more able to keep up to date with the evolving LastPass product.

That, to my mind, makes it worth the wait (and the temporary hassle of having to use another browser when using PWM).

I do have a slight concern due to the new owners of LastPass: LogMeIn. I don't completely trust them, and I also get the impression that LastPass is not quite the same product under them as it was before: link (however ProTruckDriver, who uses the LastPass product himself, tells me that he has had no problems whatsoever with it, which is certainly encouraging).

I'm even mulling over starting using this feature myself once Webroot come out with their new version. People who know me, and my general views on the bells and whistles of Webroot, may have a heart attack (please don't :S).

The best thing of all would be if Webroot had sufficient resources to eventually bring all of their bells and whistles up to the level that Pawani tells us they are currently intending to bring the Password Manager to (though that may be hoping too much).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm guessing that those at Webroot are not happy with the reaction from those of us here to the information provided, but it is most CERTAINLY better than not saying anything at all to us.

Don't you think???

This wasn't just going to go away on its own, and honestly, I think the reactions here are rather subdued, considering that we are paying for something we're not getting. Some start class-action lawsuits over such things.

I couldn't agree with you more @! To say nothing would be the worst thing Management could do to it's customers, Forum members..etc! It is way worse to turn a deaf ear to all of this!
And further more........fly's in the Butter Milk two by two; fly's in the butter Milk two by two; fly's in the Butter Milk two by twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........skip to my loo my darling.:mantongue:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
And further more........fly's in the Butter Milk two by two; fly's in the butter Milk two by two; fly's in the Butter Milk two by twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........skip to my loo my darling.:mantongue:
Aww "Don't worry be Happy!" LOL:D
hey bjm......SHOUT SHOUT knock yourself out....yell yell loud and strong..scream scream you know what I mean; put another dime in the Webroot machine.
@ wrote:
hey bjm......SHOUT SHOUT knock yourself out....yell yell loud and strong..scream scream you know what I mean; put another dime in the Webroot machine.
What the heck is that supposed to mean???
I think everyone who kudoed your post should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Groupthink at its cruellest. Imho. And @, you haven't even deigned to reply to my question.
Hey Muddy. Here's a News Flash.

Typing in all caps is considered yelling in online forums!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I think everyone who kudoed your post should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Groupthink at its cruellest. Imho. And @, you haven't even deigned to reply to my question.
Muddy I realize you take this Thread very seriously and that there is big problems here with PWM.

But I do not feel anyone was being cruel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Don't forget who all Kudo his post! You need to chill....and we talked about that in the past.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I know this is a hot thread and everything, but can we keep things civil and about PWM? Not sure how it got so off the rails.
@ wrote:
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
hey bjm.....its a take off on a 1962 hit by Ernie Maresca about SHOUTING.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
See my reply to bjm. Carry on.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Wow that brings back old memories. Remember those songs well. The Good Old Days. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
What a waste. You guys had a good product, and good consumer base to match it.

You lost a loyal customer with me. This was the third issue I had with your customer support department. I only hope your subpar solution to this problem inspires more to search elsewhere.

History repeats: Webroot will promise, and will fail to deliver.

Meanwhile, still very amused that this thread has been "Solved" for so long. Sadly, yet another example where Webroot has let us down- smiling all the way.   
This is an older thread per say and at the time there was a Solution https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/322080#M12471 but a new issue happened and members continued to post in this thread so in fact this new issue is not Solved but the original one was in the link I posted! So all I can suggest when there are new issues post a new thread and not in a thread that was already Solved.

HTH,