Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Wrong on both counts: 1) the people commenting here do not work for WR and 2) the commenters here are not "shills" as you put it. We're simply people who face the same problem but exhibit more patience and understanding. You, on the other hand, appear to have anger management issues.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
I rest my case. I'm not responding to the triggered shill though.

LOL... I liked your comment to give you some support, poor guy. You might find, though, that wearing a tinfoil hat all day will leave you with hat-head which is unbecoming. BTW... I thought you were launching a major lawsuit against WR. Of was that just bravado... you know, whistling past the graveyard as it were? Relax. Life is so much bigger than a non-working pw mgr. Go outside. Smell the flowers. Pet a dog. Drink some coffee. Get LastPass and install it. It actually works and you won't need to wring your hands so much anymore. 😉 In fact, mine is working so well, I'm going to fork over the $24 for the Premium so I can have it on my smartphone as well as my tablets and laptop.
Thank you for the suggestion. I had already tried that and finally wound up submitting a trouble ticket. They told me it was a known issue and were working on it. They did supply me with a fix.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Could you share the fix with the forum please as it could be helpful to someone with the same problem. Glad you got it sorted.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Ha!! me and my mouth talked something up... nothing but nothing I try will get WPM to install on Waterfox 56.1.0. Do I vaguely recall someone posting that it will only work on Firefox but not the variants??:@
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Now I find that the WPM will not work in Firefox 60.0.1, with a statement that it could not be verified (something to do with signage) to work with Firefox and was blocked. I find this strange as I cannot find anyone else complaining. Filtering works fine. Anyone got any suggestions please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Bah!! Firefox 60.0.2 has disabled both PWM and Filtering utility and classed them as 'unsupported' and it is because they are 'not signed' Is Webroot going to ensure these can be used in the near future??
What is add-on signing?
Mozilla verifies and "signs" add-ons that follow a set of security guidelines. All add-ons hosted on addons.mozilla.org have to go through this process in order to be signed. Add-ons hosted on other sites will need to follow the same guidelines in order to be signed by Mozilla

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Here I go again!! Firefox has just updated to version 62 and Webroot password manager has been disabled by Firefox with a dialogue that refers to something being unsigned and I should get something else. Could someone else please have a check to see if it happens to you before I jump into the North Sea in annoyance.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
So, mine just reports 62.0, not 62.0.2, and the extension is disabled.
Badge +1
Just updated to version 62, and the Password manager isn't working again. Password manager in FF hasn't worked right the last few releases for me, doesn't save new sites right, and doesn't let me delete old ones. Also makes it difficult to copy just the password. Help?
Userlevel 2
Just tried but it still doesn't show up. 😠
Userlevel 2
Why is this marked as "Solved" when it isn't?
Userlevel 2
How did you manage to get it working? Uninstall/reinstall, or something else?
Yes, I'm afraid I agree with you, @. Aesthetics have unfortunately never been a forte with Webroot. It took me a while to become reconciled to that fact <sigh>. But hey, I'll live with that if I have to.

Regarding PWM, this is my take on the various bells and whistles of WSA. I'm mulling over finally getting a PWM, but if I do I may well go for LastPass Free PWM.
I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. I think that Webroot should concentrate on what they're good at: their outstanding anti-malware product (based on Prevx's revolutionary technology created in the noughties, and which they acquired in late 2010) and, perhaps, their good and reliable System Optimizer (based, I believe, on their, at the time, highly acclaimed Window Washer).

All their other bells and whistles (Personalized Security Report, System Analyzer, Password Manager, Backup & Sync—although it is possible that the Backup portion of the latter is an exception to the rule—and whatever other whistles I may have forgotten) are too often mediocre and/or flakey. There are better—sometimes far better—and often free, options on the market.

It would be a mistake, imo, for Webroot to decide to create their own Password Manager. Not only would this mean dissipating too many of their precious resources away from what they are outstanding at, but this product, too, could risk being flakey and unreliable. As @ has said in the past, better to be the Master of one than the jack of all trades!

My two cents worth...
No problem-o, Daniel. My opinion (and maybe I'll be proved wrong ;)).
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
The phone number in case you'd like to call:  https://tel:+18662548400
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
In regard to that message from Webroot support, I did respond asking WHEN they plan on fixing this problem, since this answer is just filled with more vagueness.
Userlevel 2
Okay heres the news
We had a working fix but in a attempt for the WR DEV team to fix the current login server from a old one to new one, something went wrong. Now the roll back method was okay/ and - now NOT WORKING and any login attempts just fail to connect with FF 61.0.2 version. I should have downloaded my entire WPM to cvs file, now i have to find a entry point to WPM to retrieve data since email login fails for WPM.   
Userlevel 4
Try ESR version. Should work.

Mozilla Firefox ESR

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.
Userlevel 4
Not a bad idea! I didn't even think of that.
Although I don't recommend writing down or screenshotting passwords. If somehow you lose your device/paper or someone steals it they then have all your passwords to your accounts. Even with two factor authentication enabled there is usually an option to send it to the email address on file and if they access your email because they have your passwords they will get right in.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
It's absolutely ridiculous that we are even discussing alternative methods, rolling back browsers, etc.  I do not accept this business practice and lack of quick resolution from Webroot at all.  In fact, it's a black eye to them at this point.
Userlevel 2
Your absolutley right. But we can sit back and wait for someone to fixit for us or we can try to work around it and help our self. SMH.... I bought a fully functioning program... I'm having to make due with a sub par response and failure to correct the problem. The complete lack of communication is more troubling to me than that they had a problem meshing with FF, I can work with "Hey we sorry and we are working on it." but to have no comment here or anywhere is just not acceptable business practice.
This problem is DEFINITELY NOT SOLVED.
I'm really unhappy with Webroot over the past 6 months. This is after I paid for a new subscription and didn't get access for weeks after my subscription should have started, exposing my system to any number of bad stuff out there.

This company has gone downhill. I definitey recommend a bigger, more client-centered company: McAffee comes to mind.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
For me, I can now log into my console, and the rolled back version of Firefox is now working with the add on.  But now I'm curious if they have gotten the add on certified to use in the new versions so I can go ahead and update.