Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Bah!! Firefox 60.0.2 has disabled both PWM and Filtering utility and classed them as 'unsupported' and it is because they are 'not signed' Is Webroot going to ensure these can be used in the near future??
What is add-on signing?
Mozilla verifies and "signs" add-ons that follow a set of security guidelines. All add-ons hosted on addons.mozilla.org have to go through this process in order to be signed. Add-ons hosted on other sites will need to follow the same guidelines in order to be signed by Mozilla

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Here I go again!! Firefox has just updated to version 62 and Webroot password manager has been disabled by Firefox with a dialogue that refers to something being unsigned and I should get something else. Could someone else please have a check to see if it happens to you before I jump into the North Sea in annoyance.

@BurnDaddy wrote:
Some start class-action lawsuits over such things. 

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THESE PROVISIONS WILL AFFECT HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD READ THEM VERY CAREFULLY. FOR EXAMPLE, UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OR HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 24 BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND WEBROOT MUST BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION.
https://eula.webrootanywhere.com/
Edit: copy/paste is not typing caps nor shouting.  
Regards w Respect

@ROBERT1725 wrote:
hey bjm......SHOUT SHOUT knock yourself out....yell yell loud and strong..scream scream you know what I mean; put another dime in the Webroot machine.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?
My password manager won't even show up if I go over FF56.  It used to autofill and generate passwords.  It never works anymore.  I get an error if I try to access through my webroot.  Secure web for your phone now has black writing on a black background.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and he said the phone issue isnt' that big a deal and the password manager will be fixed but they have no idea when and that Webroot is an antivrius, not a password manager so he insinuated it's a luxury.  I see no end in sight.
That's what the guy said word for word.  I told him I was out and needed Secure web and he said it's a design flaw that they put black on black.  He said he'll send an email but not to expect it to be a priority and as far as password manager since it's unusable for me, becasuse of that errror he downloaded a CSV and told me to use that until the unknown time password manager is fixed.  Will not give an approx ETA...
Looks like WPW is fixed on Chrome and Firefox.  This really was a big mess.  Caused me to check out alternatives like Dashlane, which works great and offers third authentication through web app.   Can Webroot offer additional authentication through a phone app like Duo Push, etc?      
Thanks for that info Muddy7.   I have been a webroot fan for many years and my engineering business is protected by WR business version. The truth is that as good as the WRPM works (most of the time), today we have to have the best protection available so that when passwords become exposed to the world there is a final way to protect our information.
I am on a trial of Dashlane.  The paid version for me will cost about $10 per month. Its worth is to have the last piece of authentication.
Userlevel 2
How did you manage to get it working? Uninstall/reinstall, or something else?
Userlevel 4
Try ESR version. Should work.

Mozilla Firefox ESR

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.
Userlevel 4
Not a bad idea! I didn't even think of that.
Although I don't recommend writing down or screenshotting passwords. If somehow you lose your device/paper or someone steals it they then have all your passwords to your accounts. Even with two factor authentication enabled there is usually an option to send it to the email address on file and if they access your email because they have your passwords they will get right in.
Thank you for the suggestion. I had already tried that and finally wound up submitting a trouble ticket. They told me it was a known issue and were working on it. They did supply me with a fix.
This problem is DEFINITELY NOT SOLVED.
I'm really unhappy with Webroot over the past 6 months. This is after I paid for a new subscription and didn't get access for weeks after my subscription should have started, exposing my system to any number of bad stuff out there.

This company has gone downhill. I definitey recommend a bigger, more client-centered company: McAffee comes to mind.
Userlevel 2
Just tried but it still doesn't show up. :@
Userlevel 2
Your absolutley right. But we can sit back and wait for someone to fixit for us or we can try to work around it and help our self. SMH.... I bought a fully functioning program... I'm having to make due with a sub par response and failure to correct the problem. The complete lack of communication is more troubling to me than that they had a problem meshing with FF, I can work with "Hey we sorry and we are working on it." but to have no comment here or anywhere is just not acceptable business practice.
Userlevel 2
OK so has anyone tried the updated FF?
Userlevel 2
While completely correct. I would think that a company as smart as webroot would have been able to change the status of a thread on a site they host. But then why would that be so easy when it seems it was to much trouble to send out a mass email on the issue we are all dealing with. Ohhh that right because it was more important to send us an email on how they have an award winning support staff. SMFH!!  
Userlevel 2
Okay heres the news
We had a working fix but in a attempt for the WR DEV team to fix the current login server from a old one to new one, something went wrong. Now the roll back method was okay/ and - now NOT WORKING and any login attempts just fail to connect with FF 61.0.2 version. I should have downloaded my entire WPM to cvs file, now i have to find a entry point to WPM to retrieve data since email login fails for WPM.   
Userlevel 2
Why is this marked as "Solved" when it isn't?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
The phone number in case you'd like to call:  https://tel:+18662548400
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
In regard to that message from Webroot support, I did respond asking WHEN they plan on fixing this problem, since this answer is just filled with more vagueness.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
It's absolutely ridiculous that we are even discussing alternative methods, rolling back browsers, etc.  I do not accept this business practice and lack of quick resolution from Webroot at all.  In fact, it's a black eye to them at this point.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
For me, I can now log into my console, and the rolled back version of Firefox is now working with the add on.  But now I'm curious if they have gotten the add on certified to use in the new versions so I can go ahead and update.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
If Last Pass or Webroot provides migration (import, export), I'd like to know now also how to do it.  That way I can upgrade my browser and just wait until the Webroot saga is settled, then migrate back.

Is that something Webroot can provide information on?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Remember when they discontinued the very useful Windows Washer and substituted it with a tool that you have no control over as to what it's cleaning?  That was a Webroot mistake too.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings