Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Hello, I'm using Firefox 58.02 (64 bit). Up until the last few days, the password manager has worked just fine. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to log in to the manager it either says it can't contact the server or it says nothing at all and just never logs me in. This is happening in Firefox on multiple computers. The manager works just fine in Chrome.
icon

Best answer by ROBERT1725 30 December 2018, 16:54

View original

229 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Run the Webroot toolbar fix utility and see if that fixes it. I have had to use it once or twice on Firefox/Waterfox.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Fix-for-the-Firefox-40-amp-Password-Manager-toolbar-issue/ta-p/214764
Thank you for the suggestion. I had already tried that and finally wound up submitting a trouble ticket. They told me it was a known issue and were working on it. They did supply me with a fix.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Could you share the fix with the forum please as it could be helpful to someone with the same problem. Glad you got it sorted.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Ha!! me and my mouth talked something up... nothing but nothing I try will get WPM to install on Waterfox 56.1.0. Do I vaguely recall someone posting that it will only work on Firefox but not the variants??:@
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Now I find that the WPM will not work in Firefox 60.0.1, with a statement that it could not be verified (something to do with signage) to work with Firefox and was blocked. I find this strange as I cannot find anyone else complaining. Filtering works fine. Anyone got any suggestions please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Turned on today and PWM is working in latest Firefox as normal, so do not know what happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Turned on today and PWM is working in latest Firefox as normal, so do not know what happened.
Thank you Yarco for letting us know.

Have a great day! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Bah!! Firefox 60.0.2 has disabled both PWM and Filtering utility and classed them as 'unsupported' and it is because they are 'not signed' Is Webroot going to ensure these can be used in the near future??
What is add-on signing?
Mozilla verifies and "signs" add-ons that follow a set of security guidelines. All add-ons hosted on addons.mozilla.org have to go through this process in order to be signed. Add-ons hosted on other sites will need to follow the same guidelines in order to be signed by Mozilla

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ they are both working fine here! Maybe Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Both are working ok for me on this version of FF.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters!

No issues here as well:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Here I go again!! Firefox has just updated to version 62 and Webroot password manager has been disabled by Firefox with a dialogue that refers to something being unsigned and I should get something else. Could someone else please have a check to see if it happens to you before I jump into the North Sea in annoyance.
Hi Yarco,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I'm pretty sure that Webroot only supports final releases of Firefox.
The current Firefox version is 61.0.2

I'm sure by the time version 62 is released, Webroot will be up to speed. ;)

If you run into issues, you can also contact support and see what they have to say.

Hope this info helps,
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I am on the release channel of FF I think and the Webroot Filtering Utility installed without fuss. I clicked on 'About Firefox' and it updated. Firefox 64/Windows 10 fully updated/WSA complete.

UPDATE; Seems you are quite correct BD with version number. I downloaded a 'fresh' version and it was indeed 61.0.2 and both WPM and WFU are now present again. Cheers to you 😉
Hi Yarco,

When I select "About Firefox", this is what I see...

According to the Firefox Website, 62 is still considered 'Beta'.

But it couldn't hurt to contact support and have them check your system for you, especially if you think the behavior you're experiencing is abnormal. 😉
@ wrote:

UPDATE; Seems you are quite correct BD with version number. I downloaded a 'fresh' version and it was indeed 61.0.2 and both WPM and WFU are now present again. Cheers to you ;)
No worries, friend. Thanks for letting us know what you discovered.

Have a good day 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Firefox 62 is now released: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Firefox-Version-62-0-first-offered-to-Release-channel-users-on/m-p/328353
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Indeed TH,as Firefox updated, and again WPM has been put in the 'Legacy' add ons and disallowed due to signing matters. WFU installed correctly.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Indeed TH,as Firefox updated, and again WPM has been put in the 'Legacy' add ons and disallowed due to signing matters. WFU installed correctly.:@
Same here so Webroot will have to look after this! @

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thanks Daniel, beginning to think I had something peculiar to my system. Mops brow and pours stiff scotch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel, beginning to think I had something peculiar to my system. Mops brow and pours stiff scotch.
Sure thing! It's something that Webroot will have to look after and maybe they have a quick fix already? @ @

Cheers,
Yes, I noticed the same thing, too, after just updating. :@

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, 

This is a known issue that we caught and are currently working on a solution. 

I'll update with more as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hey everyone, 

This is a known issue that we caught and are currently working on a solution. 

I'll update with more as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Short term solution to, until webroot team finds a permanent fix
Launch browser FF 62.0.
Go to upper right corner with 3 dashes click
Now go to click cog wheel "options"
Now on left of page select general
Now go to midway down page select only "NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES"
Go back to select 3 dashes and sign in and/or sync
Now ready to delete Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Maintenance- add remove programs

now go here to download FF 61.0.2 (the Mozilla link will only show you the next version rollback)
mozilla older links
UPDATED *9/13 (forgot a step, seems FF attempts update during rollback so DISCO Ethernet or wifi after download previous FF version)
Now- Execute install program
You may need to get the WPM toolbar fix and run this now to install wpm add-on
Launch FF and go to 3 dashes right corner
Select help- About firefox- it should say Firefox 61.0.2 check for updates DO NOT SELECT IT!
it should be fine been running wpm on the desktop all day with no FF updating...