Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Hello, I'm using Firefox 58.02 (64 bit). Up until the last few days, the password manager has worked just fine. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to log in to the manager it either says it can't contact the server or it says nothing at all and just never logs me in. This is happening in Firefox on multiple computers. The manager works just fine in Chrome.
icon

Best answer by ROBERT1725 30 December 2018, 16:54

View original

229 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I just talked with our Support Team and I wanted to share this workaround with everyone. Once we have a permanent fix, I will let you know. Thanks! 

Download the restore utility available http://download.webroot.com/FirefoxPWM/FirefoxPasswordRestore.exe

Close Firefox and then run the utility. Once it completes open Firefox, go to Add-ons, and enable the PWM toolbar. Restart Firefox to make sure the add-on is enabled correctly.

If you have more than one Firefox profile this utility will only work for one. In this instance we will need to identify which profile was updated, and manually copy the extension to the other profile(s).

1. Navigate to the Firefox extension folder: C:UsersUSERAppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles

2. Check the 'Date modified' column for the one updated most recently (when you ran the utility).

3. Open the extensions folder

4. Copy the following folder: {8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda}

5. Navigate back to profiles, paste the copied folder into all profiles extensions folders to manually update them as well. The path is: C:UsersUSERAppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfilesPROFILEextensions

6. Re-launch Firefox and note any results

*In the rare instance that the instructions above are not effective, please use another browser until Webroot there is a native fix

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Doesn't work here and see the date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thanks for the feedback @

We are continuing to work on a permanent solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thanks for the feedback @

We are continuing to work on a permanent solution. 

I updated my post above as I have another path that you have not shown as you can see in my picture!

C:UsersDanielAppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles49ipnir3.defaultextensions
This did not work for me. 😞
Did Support Team give you any idea on when they will have a permanent fix as opposed to the work around?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The Password Manager fix is not working for me either with this update of Firefox. This update of FF caught me off guard when opening the browser! UGH!

Waiting for a fix because I do not see any workaround other then reverting back to previous version of FF.:@
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
So, mine just reports 62.0, not 62.0.2, and the extension is disabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
So, mine just reports 62.0, not 62.0.2, and the extension is disabled.
The release is just 62.0
Badge +1
Just updated to version 62, and the Password manager isn't working again. Password manager in FF hasn't worked right the last few releases for me, doesn't save new sites right, and doesn't let me delete old ones. Also makes it difficult to copy just the password. Help?
Userlevel 2
Broken for me too this week.  When is a fix going to be available?  Firefox 62.0
Your guess is as good as mine. Every once in awhile Drew will post a reply. Were all in a holding pattern.Stay tuned.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I've been talking with Support about this and the latest update I got and the most reliable workaround at the moment is for customers experiencing this issue to use another browser until there is a permanent fix. 

If you'd like to touchbase with Support and talk with them about your specific instance, you can do so here

I will continue to provide updates as soon as I get them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Everyone, 
We are working towards a fix for our issue with password manager not working on Firefox. I do not have an estimate on when we will have a fix ready yet but i will keep you all posted. 

Meanwhile, apologies for the inconvenience caused and would recommend switching to alternate browsers such as Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 2
Update
Since Saturday I have tested this temporary rollback method. I'm using on 2 pc (win 10 ent 64, win 7 ult 64) 
Both machines are stable with no update from FF holding @ 61.0.2 ver
This is just a temporary fix until they get a permanent one from WR dev team...
I don't understand why Mozilla has to beta update all the time but I'm now going to stop these FF updates from occurring and disabling some very good add-ons, just so they can push some of there in-house versions.
Userlevel 2
Love my PW manager.... but i refuse to change browsers. This is honestly ridiculous.
 I'm sure even though part of what was purchased wont get any kind of refund or extended renewal date for the days it was usable.  Such a shame 😞
Userlevel 2
Did you try to rollback the FF version you are using?
Userlevel 2
yes. I did the roll back, I've tried to install the fix from a file, now this morning. It doesn't even show up in the list of Legacy extentions
@ wrote:
yes. I did the roll back, I've tried to install the fix from a file, now this morning. It doesn't even show up in the list of Legacy extentions
Hi kim38555,

You may need to reinstall Webroot to get the PM back.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Hope this info helps,
Userlevel 2
Just tried but it still doesn't show up. 😠
Userlevel 2
Why is this marked as "Solved" when it isn't?
@ wrote:
Why is this marked as "Solved" when it isn't?
Because this is an older thread and the OP didn't have the same issue that exists now. They also stated that their problem was fixed by Webroot. ;)

Userlevel 2
Still no answer temporary or otherwise...... So sad.
Userlevel 2
I know its frustrating having all passwords not able to access in your favorite FF browser. But I will try to help best as possible. There may be a delay in response from me. Although as of today both my pc are stable using the WPM toolbar only on 61.0.2 FF with no update. Also that the WR dev team has tweaked there short fix to registry and requires a log in and re-authentication process to the front door of the server, it may be getting lost and or unable to answer since its not tested (only us now) thus its going to be buggy imo. Trust they have heard the forum and are working diligently to correct a permanent fix. If i have to I will cut out the program root of Mozilla FF call out updates and permanently stay on 61.0.2 if this drags out past 30 days.    
Userlevel 2
Ok so I succesfully downloaded an older/ different? version of FF. The PWM is back. .... but now it won't let me log in? :@

9-17-18  Update!!!!!! Came into work this morning and just out of habit clicked WRP to log in and it log me in!!!!! yeah!!! This is on a rolledback version of FF.