Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Hello, I'm using Firefox 58.02 (64 bit). Up until the last few days, the password manager has worked just fine. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to log in to the manager it either says it can't contact the server or it says nothing at all and just never logs me in. This is happening in Firefox on multiple computers. The manager works just fine in Chrome.
icon

Best answer by ROBERT1725 30 December 2018, 16:54

View original

229 replies

Userlevel 2
I argee but it was a lot easier than having to log in to my account on my ipad for passwords I need for my PC. NOt to mention I was a worried about my security so I didn't want to log in to WR console very often.
Userlevel 4
Yea I get you there. Especially in the world of a thousand accounts. I'm sure you have but for others reading this I would suggest making sure that your photos aren't going to your iCloud in a shared photo album. Those can be shared with others. 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
It's absolutely ridiculous that we are even discussing alternative methods, rolling back browsers, etc.  I do not accept this business practice and lack of quick resolution from Webroot at all.  In fact, it's a black eye to them at this point.
Userlevel 2
Your absolutley right. But we can sit back and wait for someone to fixit for us or we can try to work around it and help our self. SMH.... I bought a fully functioning program... I'm having to make due with a sub par response and failure to correct the problem. The complete lack of communication is more troubling to me than that they had a problem meshing with FF, I can work with "Hey we sorry and we are working on it." but to have no comment here or anywhere is just not acceptable business practice.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Using my smart phone to log into the console did not work.  I get the same AJAX error.
I fully recommend that anyone read this call into Webroot and talk to a real person.

What I can't believe is I see no sense of urgency for Webroot to treat it's customers right and resolve either of the two problems quickly.  It should have already been fixed.
Userlevel 1
This problem is DEFINITELY NOT SOLVED.
I'm really unhappy with Webroot over the past 6 months. This is after I paid for a new subscription and didn't get access for weeks after my subscription should have started, exposing my system to any number of bad stuff out there.

This company has gone downhill. I definitey recommend a bigger, more client-centered company: McAffee comes to mind.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
For me, I can now log into my console, and the rolled back version of Firefox is now working with the add on.  But now I'm curious if they have gotten the add on certified to use in the new versions so I can go ahead and update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
With respect, I will keep Webroot with or without WPM rather than the likes of McAfee.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
I now have access both in the portal and in the rolled back version of Firefox with the add on.

Does anyone know if the add on has been certified for use in the latest version of Firefox yet?

I hope Webroot has learned from this fiasco, that the needs of the customers is paramount, and password manager (being part of their product) is useful and being used.  By letting what happened happen, they greatly impact their customers, for which they operate as a business.
@ wrote:
With respect, I will keep Webroot with or without WPM
To my mind, that is the most significant statement made in this discussion so far. Webroot stands on its own without all the extras. And with aplomb.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
No AV is perfect. I own several (McAfee, Malwarebytes, Zelmana, Threatfire,...).
I own WebRoot for ALL ITS FEATURES, particularly the WPM.  It is my ONLY password manager since I trust WebRoot.

This has gone on way too long.  Get Firefox (and Safari) fixed.  
And more importantly, fix your process for testing releases from these vendors.  Join their development communities and test release candidates BEFORE they are publicly released.

Yes, I am yelling. I am seriously aggravated that this has gone on this long, and that WR keeps failing to correct this recurrent defect in their process. 
Q: How many times has a browser update broken their product plug-in?  
A: Too often.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
This has been going on for weeks now and the members have been told virtually nothing other than go to support, but they deserve to be told something at least even if it is not going to be a solution.

So come on will someone from Webroot do something about it, the members need help?

@
@
@
@

Looks like WPW is fixed on Chrome and Firefox.  This really was a big mess.  Caused me to check out alternatives like Dashlane, which works great and offers third authentication through web app.   Can Webroot offer additional authentication through a phone app like Duo Push, etc?      
@ wrote:
...fix your process for testing releases from these vendors.  Join their development communities and test release candidates BEFORE they are publicly released.
Their hands are tied somewhat. They are hosting an older version of a product that is not their own.
Thanks for that info Muddy7.   I have been a webroot fan for many years and my engineering business is protected by WR business version. The truth is that as good as the WRPM works (most of the time), today we have to have the best protection available so that when passwords become exposed to the world there is a final way to protect our information.
I am on a trial of Dashlane.  The paid version for me will cost about $10 per month. Its worth is to have the last piece of authentication.
Userlevel 4
Try ESR version.

Mozilla Firefox ESR For Windows 64 bit.

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.
Userlevel 2
OK so has anyone tried the updated FF?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Firefox 62.0.3- no sign of WPM after another toolbar fix run. WFU ok.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Everyone, 
As most of you are aware, we have a long standing partnership with LastPass and there have been some issues lately with version upgrades that is piling up issues. We have made attempts to fix individual problems while we work towards a more permanent fix. 

I am happy to share that we are moving towards a more robust solution where there will be no delays in getting the updates and our customers will always be on the latest and greatest versions while ensuring that the software is also compatible with upcoming platform and browser updates. 

As for a timeline, we are very close to completing the new integration and i will have updates for you later this month. 

Thanks for being a webroot customer. I completely understand the frustration and i am eager to share better news as soon as possible. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you for the update Pawani.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @

I'm anxious to hear what's coming up. 😉
Much obliged for the update. Looking forward to returning to normal.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Go to the folowing site https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ and download ver. 60 backup your data and uninstall ver 62 now install ver 60 and password manager everything should work as designed. be sure to disable auto update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Go to the folowing site https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ and download ver. 60 backup your data and uninstall ver 62 now install ver 60 and password manager everything should work as designed.
No thanks and it doesn't help non-techie people so it's best to wait for the fix. Use Chrome or IE for now. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/328895#M12591
Greetings PVaddi, anxiously awaiting some; any feedback, on when we can expect the Password Manager to be up and running.
Much obliged for your timely reply,
Robert