Firewall does not show the options to "Warn if any new, untrusted process connects to the Internet."

• 15 October 2015
  • 29 replies

The Firewall Advanced Settings do not show the options for the various outbound choices shown in User Manual.

Win 10 64 bit.

Is this a bug or a limitation of the Trial?

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

The firewall portion of WSA does not run under Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10.  This is because Microsoft has built those OS's to not allow 3rd party firewalls to actually do anything, the built in Windows Firewall handles all of it.  There is no need to enable the WSA Firewall on those operating systems, nor can it be done.

This isn't a flaw in the Webroot Trial.

Hope this helps?

Badge +8
Hi Sherry,

My Windows Firewall appears off due to Webroot. Is it still active in spite of this?? Thanks.

Theresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Theresa,

What OS are you running? I believe you should have that Windows Firewall enabled. Webroot doesn't disable your firewall.

@ wrote:

The firewall portion of WSA does not run under Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10.  This is because Microsoft has built those OS's to not allow 3rd party firewalls to actually do anything, the built in Windows Firewall handles all of it.  There is no need to enable the WSA Firewall on those operating systems, nor can it be done.

Thanks @ for this info. I did not know this.

I really have to start using my Windows 10 PC more often.:$
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thanks @ for this info. I did not know this.

I really have to start using my Windows 10 PC more often.:$
Hi @

I also need to use W 10 more but I have learned alot from the Big three..,, @, @ and @

:D:
@ wrote:

I also need to use W 10 more but I have learned alot from the Big three..,, @, @ and @
:D:
Yes, and so have I. But I would have to add YOU to that list as well. 🙂
The firewall portion of your software not allowing Outbound opttions makes this software unusable under Win 8 or 10.  It is a good thing that I tried the Trial first as Webroot is being dishonest in not explaining this in their marketing materais. 

Goodbye Webroot......
Badge +8
Hi ?,

I believe that it shut itself down when I first installed Webroot or it made me choose one anti-virus product. I'll check it out. Thank you.
Badge +8
Sorry @,

It must have turned itself back on when I was looking! :D

You always get it right!! Thanks much.

Problem solved.

T
@ wrote:
Hi @,

I believe that it shut itself down when I first installed Webroot or it made me choose one anti-virus product. I'll check it out. Thank you.

Badge +8
Oh, I'm on Windows 8.1
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Sorry @,

It must have turned itself back on when I was looking! :D

You always get it right!! Thanks much.

Problem solved.

T
@ wrote:
Hi @,

Hi Theresa,

You are most welcome. Things can easily be confusing?

No I am not always right but Thank you...I get close sometimes 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi @,

Hi @,

Windows would of had you pick what Anti Virus to use. So I am sure that's what happened... 😉 EDIT: Please look here at this Knowlege Base Aritcle about running Windows Defender along side of Webroot. As I am sure you know that WD isn't neccessary to have running if you have Webroot.
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi @,

Hi @,

Windows would of had you pick what Anti Virus to use. So I am sure that's what happened... 😉 EDIT: Please look here at this Knowlege Base Aritcle about running Windows Defender along side of Webroot. As I am sure you know that WD isn't neccessary to have running if you have Webroot.
Now I AM confused. Webroot DOES NOT use a firewall since Windows Firewall handles the firewall. Is that correct??
@ wrote:

Now I AM confused. Webroot DOES NOT use a firewall since Windows Defender handles the firewall. Is that correct??
Hi @,

Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are two separate things.

Webroot still has an outbound firewall ... Please see @'s very helpful post  bellow with link explaining further.

You want the Windows firewall enabled.

Please see the link @ posted for information regarding Windows Defender and Webroot.

Thanks, 
BD
Userlevel 7
Being new to Windows 10, and having never USED Windows 8 or 8.1, I find myself still learning this myself.  Maybe this reply from ? regarding the issue will help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also see here why WSA's Firewall doesn't show up on Windows 8 or 10: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Outbound-connections-fw-control-in-Win-8-Win-8-1/idi-p/60003

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thank you Daniel, 

😉
Yes, Thank you Daniel.

Quite a game last night. Congratulations! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The firewall portion of your software not allowing Outbound opttions makes this software unusable under Win 8 or 10.  It is a good thing that I tried the Trial first as Webroot is being dishonest in not explaining this in their marketing materais. 

Goodbye Webroot......
@ I'm sorry you are quite wrong IMO Windows Firewall works awesome and with WSA's outbound firewall is a smart firewall even though you don't see it, it's there and will block malware calling out to the Command Center: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C4_Firewall/CH4a_ManagingFirewall.htm also the reason WSA's Firewall doesn't show on Windows 8 & 10 and note what JoeJ said: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Outbound-connections-fw-control-in-Win-8-Win-8-1/idi-p/60003

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes, Thank you Daniel.

Quite a game last night. Congratulations! :)
I have never seen a game like that it was kinda crazy and we won! :D

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/154510964/alds-nlds-best-game-5-blue-jays-rangers?partnerId=ed-9820469-658620023

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/154498600/jose-bautista-alds-home-run-bat-flip-blue-jays?partnerId=ed-9820469-658620023

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
?

Best bat-flip ever 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Webrooters for the assistance. .great appreciated. ..
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Now I AM confused. Webroot DOES NOT use a firewall since Windows Defender handles the firewall. Is that correct??
Hi @,

Webroot still has an outbound firewall ... Please see @'s very helpful post  bellow with link explaining further.

Please see the link @ posted for information regarding Windows Defender and Webroot.

Thanks, 
BD
My mistake-my hands typed Defender but my brain saw Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Quite a mouthful. It blocks incoming traffic and leaves outgoing traffic up to the user.
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hi @,

Thanks, 
BD
I meant Firewall. Sorry.