Solved

Getssy Malwear

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

The day I downloaded Webroot Internet protection on my LG V30+ I got the Getsyy virus.  I have ran scans and nothing.  I have googled and followed every instruction to no avail.  Getsyy opens the brower and runs non stop crazy ads.  I have never had an issue on my phone until I downloaded webroot.  Can anyone help?  I am so mad because I cant even get a refund on my annual contact.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 5 February 2021, 19:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@rlm93221 

Your best bet is to perform a factory reset on the phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Have a look here: https://support.google.com/android/thread/25027627?hl=en

Or you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

I uninstalled doc viewer, which Ive had for several years, and so far so good.  But I just dont understand why webroot doesnt catch and/or remove malware.  Really upset I paid for annual service with webroot instead of sticking with nortons.  In 8 year with nortons I never had one bug.  I had a free service through my cable provider and when they stopped the service I researched.  Webroots reviews were great and the price was good.  But apparently you get what you pay for.  Just discovered Webroot does not refund the remaining months.  Just really disappointed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

That's why I suggested you to contact Webroot Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

The mobile app for Webroot is really completely useless. It’s almost as if they’ve given up on mobile.