Google nor Bing work in Internet Explorer after upgrading to Webroot Secure Anywhere

• 10 May 2013
  • 7 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
Since upgrading to Webroot Secure Anywhere, neither Bing nor Google will work in Internet Explorer. The webpage will come up with the search window, but when a query is entered, there are the usual suggestions, but when an option is clicked or a query put in the window, no results appear and it's only a blank page. Bing and Google work in Firefox after the upgrade, but will no longer work in IE.

Addons are disabled and security/privacy is set at medium.

Thanks for the help.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello JMc and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I have done a little bit of looking, but I have not found any previous situation in which this has happened.  Have you tried removing Webroot and re-installing it?  That does sometimes help in odd situations.

If this does not work, you may want to submit a Trouble Ticket.  The link to do that is below in my signature.
Thank you for the response. I hesitate to uninstall/reinstall because after the upgrade so many things changed in my browsers that I ended up having to contact tech support where they had to logon to my computer remotely to fix everything that changed after the upgrade. It took two days to correct things and a lot of time on my end to try and figure out the fix before calling them. I did many searches on this in hopes I could find a simple solution. All of the incidents that were "similar" gave suggestions and some I followed to no avail. Everything was working great prior to the upgrade so I know it's a direct result somehow, I just don't know why I can't do any searches in IE, yet I can in Firefox and Chrome. Interstingly enough, ask.com works in IE, just not google (my go to search engine) or bing.

Thanks again. I may end up putting in a ticket or calling again. Tech support is very good, I must say.

Userlevel 7
Hopefully one of othe others who have more experience than I do will have something a bit more helpful.  What did you upgrade from?
Userlevel 7
JMc, there is a very little to complement David's suggestion perhaps only to encourage you to open a support ticket again because from what you have described, it needs to be looked in your issue more deeply. Usually addons need not be disabled and security/privacy can be kept in the default (high) level. Moreover you said you had a lot of troubles after the upgrade what is really unsual. WSA is the one to "install and forget" without the need to play with other applications afterward.

Please keep us informed how your issue progresses.
Userlevel 7
JMC, are you still having this issue? I looked in the support system under the same email address you used to sign up to the forum, but I don't see a recent case from you in there. This kind of issue is better suited to getting logs for analysis, so the support system is the way to go. If the issue is already resolved, could you please let us know? Thanks!
I will follow up on this thread when I get a solution, or at least some type of answer. I need to be able to put aside some hours to do this during the day and haven't had the time with my work load. But, the problem still exists and is annoying to say the least. I will probably do an uninstall/reinstall first, even though it may end up requiring tech support again. But, I'll exhausts attemps on my time first before bothering tech support again. They are amazing, and spent quite a while on my case, so I hate to bother them unless I totally fail on my end. If I fail again, I'll definitely  contact t them.

Great forum and I appreciate the quality suggestions.

Userlevel 7
JMc

Sorry to hear that the issue is still around.  Hopefully the uninstall-reinstall will help when you try that, but don't hesitate to ask more here or tech support: it is what everyone is here for.  I wish I had better answers on this one, and I will be very interested to hear what the cause and solution is!