Solved

Green Check Marks Next to results in Search

• 5 October 2018
  • 15 replies

The green check marks next to results in Google search has stopped working in Chrome.

They show up fine in Bing search using Chrome.

They work fine in Firefox.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the extension from the Chrome store.

Any suggestion on getting them back in Google search?

Thank you.
Lisa
icon

Best answer by Muddy7 5 October 2018, 09:58

View original

15 replies

Hi Lisa, and welcome to the Webroot Community Forum!

There is currently a problem with the Google Search green check marks from at least yesterday, and which varies from device to device and from browser to browser. It appears that uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. We'll need to wait for a solution from Webroot.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
I have had this issue as well on my DeskTop PC, since 28th September. In the past this has occurred for short periods, usually over a weekend. Webroot 'Help Desk' (telephone) said that this sometimes happens during system updating or engineering. As it happens the latest incident occurred concurrently with Microsoft dumping its latest version of Hotmail on to all users' systems. There may be no connection of course. However if you click the Webrot extension symbol in the top right tool bar you will get an assurance, or otherwise, that the site you have accessed is safe or a warning to the contrarary. So far all have been OK, bar one which showed an orange caution symbol & note. I am ssured that all Webroot users are protected anyway, but it would be nice to see the ratings ticks back again.
Thanks for your quick reply
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Well, barely have I posted my note on Green check marks & lo they are back!! Let's hope they stay activated again  now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Well, barely have I posted my note on Green check marks & lo they are back!! Let's hope they stay activated again  now.
Yes, please keep us updated if they disappear again! Thank you for your feedback too, it's immensely helpful.
My green check marks are still missing.  Only w/Google search and only in Chrome.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
LLiddell,
Sorry to report that the Green check marks system went down again at the weekend and check marks are still missing. The W in the top right corner was also not working. Clicking on this revealed a gre message saying that connection appears to have been lost & try again later. That is now back & working. Green check marks appear against the top few responses to browser searches bt these are all advertisments by companies which have paid Google for top spots. Other 'ordinary' responses have no  check marks of any colour. I normally use Chrome, but I find the situation the same in Firefox & Explorer, so I guess the techies have not yet remedied the problem .
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Sorry 'gre' should read grey & 'bt' shoud read but
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@,
Sorry to report that the Green check marks system went down again at the weekend and check marks are still missing. The W in the top right corner was also not working. Clicking on this revealed a gre message saying that connection appears to have been lost & try again later. That is now back & working. Green check marks appear against the top few responses to browser searches bt these are all advertisments by companies which have paid Google for top spots. Other 'ordinary' responses have no  check marks of any colour. I normally use Chrome, but I find the situation the same in Firefox & Explorer, so I guess the techies have not yet remedied the problem .
Hmm, ok. Let me run this by our product team and see what we're doing to resolve it. I'll get back to you once I know more.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
LLiddell,
Thanks for your response. It would be good to have everything up & running of course so lets hope the techie folk can soon sort this out. The fallback is there & still OK for one at a time checks but obviously being able to see the fall picture of results from the browser before making a selection is preferable. The does give cautionary results as well as 'Safe' green assurances, so its good to know that WSA still has our backs. Best wishes
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@,
Thanks for your response. It would be good to have everything up & running of course so lets hope the techie folk can soon sort this out. The fallback is there & still OK for one at a time checks but obviously being able to see the fall picture of results from the browser before making a selection is preferable. The does give cautionary results as well as 'Safe' green assurances, so its good to know that WSA still has our backs. Best wishes
I totally agree! Currently waiting for a response to an email I sent out about this, hopefully I hear back soon. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello All, 
Thanks for the support and patience. 
This happened due to google tightening their technology. We have made the fix to comply. Testing in progress. Planning to release first thing tomorrow. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
PVaddi,
I assume this is linked to Google/Microsoft's announcement  a few weeks ago that it would not accept security certificates from some issuers. I forget the official titles. All part of the great control the world takeover. Google/Microsoft totally ignore the old maxim- 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
@ 
@

Latest results green ticks working OK on most of my browser results but strangely not on all.e.g compare Roofing suppliers get a tick, look at flooring suppliers no tick, but insert business name of a flooring supplier on the list individually & get a green tick.. These are just a selection from samplers to see what is working. Google intefering again perhaps??
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
@
@
Interesting update. Whilst this may be normal I have never noticed it happening before. The Green ticks & Green W system went down this morning. The W stated that there was a connection issue between the system & its servers & try later. As I was about to close my PC I saw a notice from Microsoft that it had downloaded the monthly updates (Patch Tuesday) & would restart on next start-up or tomorrow
 automatically. I had not expected this as I usually activate the Patch Tuesday updates myself even though I am set to Automatic Updates. I had also noticed that the daily scan by WSA took quite a bit longer than usual. However once Microsoft had completed its installation & I logged in again I found that the Green tick & W system were working as they should. So it appears that Microsoft activity might be a contributory factor in these recent green tick problems..