Solved

Hacking

• 29 October 2014
  • 3 replies

how can you tell if someone else is accessing your computer?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 27 August 2021, 15:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Paula, welcome to the Webroot Community!

As long as you have up to date AV software like WSA, the chances of it are really quite small.  Overall, for the home user, the odds of it are very small anyway: hackers trying to get into a computer from the outside generally attack corportate networks "where the money is".

For the average home user, the bigger threat comes from within the computer, not from outside of it.  Malware which provides a 'back door' is the worry here.  AV solutions like WSA do provide protection against these as does Windows Firewall.  

Is there any reason you think someone may be trying to access your computer?  Have you seen anything that would indicate this is happening?

For those with a valid WSA license, they can contact Webroot Support and ask that Support take a look to make sure that there are no such programs that have managed to avoid detection during a scan.

My NEW desktop computer is being hacked constantly. When I turn my computer it comes your computer is in trouble, call us right away. When on on my computer, the screen goes black “Call (Number) your computer is in danger” , by phone, by email, on and on and on. The thing is, I HAVE WEBROOT!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @edwardtodonnell 

You have some type of Scareware and don’t respond or call as they will scam you!

I would recommend getting in contact with Webroot Support. When sending a Support Ticket in a copy of Webroot’s scan log is automatically sent.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,