Solved

Hardware problem

• 9 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I just performed a scan today and I got several messages - In Hardware it says Graphics RAM is Low and Impacting Performance how do you fix it is, indeed, LOW;  Software - says an Active Process has a Possible Leak in Chrome.exe, how can this be fixed?  And Temp Files found 1087mb Windows/IE only, I can delete these, correct?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 9 August 2016, 03:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The "System Analyzer" provides you with baseline scores in regards to your computer's performance, not Webroot's performance. If you don't have a top-of-the-line computer you may get messages related to hardware issues but the numbers are more of a suggestion to improve computer performance rather than what is necessary to run Webroot. If your graphics RAM is low you could purchase a dedicated video card to install, but again, it won't change the way Webroot performs it will just enhance your overall system capabilities and help your PC to handle the demands of newer apps/software/games, etc.

As far as memory leaks, they are quite common, especially in browsers. Please see this KB Article regarding memory leak.

And, yes, you can delete your temp files using disk cleanup or some other method you prefer.

Hope this info helps, don't hesitate to ask if you need more info or clarification. :)

bd
Thank you so much for your quick response and assistance to help me fix my issues concerning possible leaks and graphics RAM performance - it has helped the problems at hand.  Happy to know that these weren't very serious issues, but it does help to keep ahead and avoid any chance of develping serious problem/s.   I will be sure to check back if I have any other concerns, again, thanks!     🙂     lc
You're welcome ?.
Please do come back anytime. We are a very friendly, helpful Community and enjoy helping others discover all that Webroot has to offer. :)

Cheers,
BurnDaddy
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea don't take System Analyzer so serious and I can't remember the last time I ran it and don't really care to IMHO.

Daniel 😉

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The "System Analyzer" provides you with baseline scores in regards to your computer's performance, not Webroot's performance. If you don't have a top-of-the-line computer you may get messages related to hardware issues but the numbers are more of a suggestion to improve computer performance rather than what is necessary to run Webroot. If your graphics RAM is low you could purchase a dedicated video card to install, but again, it won't change the way Webroot performs it will just enhance your overall system capabilities and help your PC to handle the demands of newer apps/software/games, etc.

As far as memory leaks, they are quite common, especially in browsers. Please see this KB Article regarding memory leak.

And, yes, you can delete your temp files using disk cleanup or some other method you prefer.

Hope this info helps, don't hesitate to ask if you need more info or clarification. :)

bd

Thank you for your reply.  I am a novice at navigating issues with the comuter and appreciate knowledgeable advice.

wml