Hello, how are youBecause the webroot does not accuse the eicar test

• 24 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Hello, how are you Because the webroot does not accuse the eicar test

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi lucas355

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Not quite sure as to what you say that WSA does not "accuse the eicar test". Would yo be able to be a bit more specific/provide some additional to explain exactly what it is you are saying?

Manythanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello lucas355,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you saying that Webroot is not detecting the EICAR test file for you? 
Please describe how you are performing the test? Any use of. for example Notepad for the test? Are you running other security software there? Did you try rebooting and attempting test again?

As Baldrick asked, please provide us with more details, in order to provide an accurate answer. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Well, Dermot, if that is what the OP is say ing then I can advise that in a fresh test some 3 minutes ago I downloaded the eicar.com test file and was rewarded with a Quarantining of a file & this in the Threat Log:

"Automated Cleanup Engine
Starting Cleanup at 24/12/2016 - 16:56:55 GMT

Starting Routine> Removing c:usersabcdefghijkdownloadseicar.com...#(PX5: - MD5: AA991D6E29BF8EB4C1B56C599DFFCE0A)...
Deleting File> c:usersabcdefghijkdownloadseicar.com"

So if there is an issue on the OP's system then I would recommend an uninstall/clean reinstall to see if that fixes it.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Same here flags it and puts it straight into quarantine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Baldrick and Sheltieuk, for confirming the expected result in your testing ;)