HELP ME!!! MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN HACKED AND WON'T RESPOND!

• 29 August 2013
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 7
How do you know somebody accessed your PC? It looks like you have some system issues. If you think about it, why would somebody access your PC only to make it operate so badly that they cant do anything? Doesnt make sense, they would want your PC to operate as well as it can so they can steal info/documents etc etc.
I do not have a ms live account. and when these situations started happening they started with windows live, one note, and windows office. 
I could not uninstall webroot.
Is someone willing to remotely connect to my computer and take a look? 

I disabled a bunch of things and set several programs to monitor. They accesses my computer when it was running well. I had 52 infected files, did you see that? I am not just imagining that I had infections in my computer. 
Userlevel 7
You just said you have Windows Live, so yes you do have a MS Live Account. As Rak pointed out earlier, you also have MS Security Essentials.

"Disabling a bunch of things" is a good way to limit your computer's functionality.
I cannot even do a system restore. 
windows live was installed on my computer. probably when I installed microsoft office. that does not mean I have an account or ever used it. I appreciate the help guys, but obviously I messed things up here and you guys seem to think I am crazy. I will take it from here and try and fix it myself. Thank you anyway.
that would be great. if someone could connect to my computer and help, I would be elated. 
I restored those system files and ad-aware caught the threat: Optimum Installer (fs) as soon as I did. file name:setup.exe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Just FYI, Optimum Installer is low-grade general adware, it doesn't mess with core functionality. It will perform stuff that is extremely annoying, but will generally not limit any legitimate function. Still made by terrible people, though.
Webroot's core protection is for files attempting to execute, so if it's just sitting on your disk then it's normal it would not be detected.

Cool. 
So one of the other ways that I know that I have a virus, it has reinstalled 4 additional usb "virtual" drives on my computer. Whenever I go into my device manager I am able to disable these or uninstall them, but they eventually come back if I have not gotten them with a malware program. I am telling you and everyone who has helped me today, whatever is on my computer is not gone. Webroot is not finding it. Internet explorer 10 won't reinstall. I cannot uninstall Webroot to reinstall it. Etc.
Userlevel 7
Could you post a screenshot? I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "virtual drive," but things like the USB controllers are going to reinstall themselves to keep your USB ports functional. You might have a lot of entries for "USB Root Hub" or "USB Composite Device." Knowing the name of what you're referencing would be helpful in explaining what it is and what it does.