Solved

Help! receiving message "A Webroot Critical Error Occured Failed to find required file.

• 27 November 2012
  • 11 replies

Help! receiving message "A Webroot Critical Error Occured Failed to find required file.C:ProgramDataWRDataLPPlugin.dllI have owned my Toshiba laptop for 1 year. Recently started receiving this error message. Any advice? thank you
icon

Best answer by mwaterloo 28 November 2012, 03:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello mwaterloo and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

Can you please do a clean reinstall? Uninstall reboot and download a fresh copy Here and install and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode before doing this as you will need it to reinstall and please report back.

Thanks,

TH
TH, Thank you for your response. I clicked on the "here" link, then "do you want to run or save wsainstall.exe (712kb) from anywhere webrootcloudav.com  run   save  cancel" when i click on run, it pulls up the "you are protected... but i do not see where i would reinstall on that page, is that the correct page? has the overview, pc security, identity and privacy.... tabs. please advise. thanks again, appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
OK Uninstall WSA and reboot your computer after that Download and Save the file from the link that I posted earlier and install again but make sure you have a copy of your keycode as you will need it to install again.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
In case you're not clear on how to uninstall:
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere:
  1. From the Start menu, navigate to All Programs, then Webroot, then Tools, then Uninstall Webroot.
  2. At the prompt, click Yes to coninue
  3. In your particular case, I'd suggest restarting the computer at this point before reinstalling
Then reinstall, as TripleHelix suggested.  🙂
thanks! I think it worked - no longer getting error message
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear and Thanks Jim for the detailed Uninstallation instructions! ;)

TH
I used the solve today as well. So glad you had posted it. I thought the issue was caused by an older version of WIndow Washer that I still keep updated and use from time to time. Yet it was Secure Anywhere after all. Seems to be okay now that it's been re-installed, though. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Mikebizz and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

As you know Webroot no longer supports Window Washer please see here: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Please-bring-back-Window-Washer/idc-p/43118#M1463

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello mwaterloo and Mikebizz. Welcome to the Community. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello Mikebizz and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Glad that y our problem seems to be fixed, but don't run off now.  Grab a chair and stick around, this is a great place to learn more!
Userlevel 7
Hello Mikebizz, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃