Solved

help to unblock for me

Userlevel 3
i go to zenmate.com
warning by webroot arrived that malicious website
i clicked unblock and continue...
now i want to block site for me like webroot should give prompt of malicious website ahead

how can i do that
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 21 August 2016, 15:24

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Only a clean Reinstall will remove the bypass and restore the block.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
so i have to reinstall to unblock 1 site.............that is  very bad idea......

Userlevel 7
Hi samual914

If you are running any version of Windows above 7 then I am afraid that is the case at the moment. This is due to the way that Microsoft has locked down the way that 3rd party applications can interface withthe built in Windows Firewall. For Windows 7 or below you have access to the rules via WSA and so can make the change.

Now, whilst this situation is not good I understand that the Development Team is looking at ways to respond to a Feature Request to change WSA to return the granularity of control that has 'gone missing' if runing the later versions of Windows. Not sure as to timescales but hopefully not long, so in the interim the only approach for Windows 8/8/1 & 10 users is as per Daniel's advice posted previously.

Hope that helps to clarify?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
so i have to reinstall to unblock 1 site.............that is  very bad idea......

That's the easiest way! If you want to remove the bypass then you can do this:

1. Shut Down WSA
2. Go to the WRData Folder (It's Hidden)
3. Go to the wrUrl Folder
4. Delete the Whitelist.txt file
5. Restart WSA and the site will be blocked again

?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
nice idea....
changing webroot folder by such way might affect functionality or not?
Userlevel 3
if user can edit whitelist folder in wrdata then why not webroot software......
it seems premature reply
Userlevel 7
And what exactly does "it seems premature reply" mean? Please elaborate!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
if user can edit whitelist folder in wrdata then why not webroot software......
it seems premature reply
@ Are you here for help or to complain? A reinstall is the easiest way to remove a site block for 99.9% or users than trying to explain what I have explained to you, also Webroot doesn't want users to play with the files in the WRData Folder in case the user removes something they shouldn't of so there is a reason for my madness. :p  It's also the only way to remove a Firewall Block that @ was trying to explain until Webroot brings back the Firewall Controls at some point in the future for Windows 8 and 10 users see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Outbound-connections-fw-control-in-Win-8-Win-8-1/idi-p/60003

Daniel

Userlevel 3
i want to say to remove a single block user had uninstall>reinstall cycle
during this time after uninstall user is compromised with viruses for single block to remove...
why not add fuctionality of whitelisting a site so that user pc might not be compromised during uninstall schedule......

webroot has a word about ransomware that if ransomware is there on system without webroot installed and you want to remove that ransomware with new install of webroot,webroot will not remove it as it has not journaling and rollback feature.............

so please add whiteisting a site feature
?

Webroot DOES have a whitelisting feature. It's what you did to proceed to the site that Webroot told you not to proceed to!

You aren't trying to remove a block, you're trying to restore it!

? has provided you with info on how to remove the whitelist determination WITHOUT uninstalling.

I'm sorry but there really is no more to say.

bd
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
i want to say to remove a single block user had uninstall>reinstall cycle
during this time after uninstall user is compromised with viruses for single block to remove...
why not add fuctionality of whitelisting a site so that user pc might not be compromised during uninstall schedule......

webroot has a word about ransomware that if ransomware is there on system without webroot installed and you want to remove that ransomware with new install of webroot,webroot will not remove it as it has not journaling and rollback feature.............

so please add whiteisting a site feature

@ wrote:
@

Webroot DOES have a whitelisting feature. It's what you did to proceed to the site that Webroot told you not to proceed to!

You aren't trying to remove a block, you're trying to restore it!

@ has provided you with info on how to remove the whitelist determination WITHOUT uninstalling.

I'm sorry but there really is no more to say.

bd
Agreed @ as I said Webroot doesn't want anyone in the WRData Folder so we suggest to do a clean reinstall for 99.9% of users. @ if you want to make a feature request please start a new one here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Ideas and it's highly unlikely you would have any ransomware and with the quick uninstall and reboot and reinstall is a pretty small window to get infected so please don't be a Drama Queen. Also if you didn't know most of us helpers are Volunteer's so that's how much we believe in WSA.

Thanks,

Daniel
TripleHelix wrote
Agreed @BurnDaddy as I said Webroot doesn't want anyone in the WRData Folder so we suggest to do a clean reinstall for 99.9% of users...
Daniel
I totally understand, ?. I was just mentioning that, if he didn't have the 5 minutes it takes to do a clean install, there were other options presented to him if he was that averse to doing so. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
TripleHelix wrote
Agreed @ as I said Webroot doesn't want anyone in the WRData Folder so we suggest to do a clean reinstall for 99.9% of users...
Daniel
I totally understand, @. I was just mentioning that, if he didn't have the 5 minutes it takes to do a clean install, there were other options presented to him if he was that averse to doing so. ;)

Sorry it was not ponted at you but to the OP.

Daniel 😃