Solved

Help....when in the console from the desktop and try to c...

• 29 May 2013
  • 3 replies

Help....when in the console from the desktop and try to click into passwords I get a pop up that says i need to upgrade...i have attempted to do this several times and it says i am using the newest version....i cant get to my passwords....then when in internet explorer or firefox and try to sign in in says invalid password and i know it is right also webroot will not add on to chrome....i have 5 computers runing and they all went down.... 
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 29 May 2013, 14:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Help....when in the console from the desktop and try to click into passwords I get a pop up that says i need to upgrade...i have attempted to do this several times and it says i am using the newest version....i cant get to my passwords....then when in internet explorer or firefox and try to sign in in says invalid password and i know it is right also webroot will not add on to chrome....i have 5 computers runing and they all went down.... 
Hello manor2 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

If you cannot log into the Account Console in IE or Firefox, you need to reset the password.  Use the "Can't Log In?" link and follow the directions there to reset/recover the password.  If you still have problems, you may want to Submit a Trouble Ticket.
Userlevel 7
Rereading my above reply, I think I may have been completly incorrect. When you said you cannot log in using IE or FireFox I thought you meant the Account Console, but now I think you meant the password toolbar.

Use the link below in my links list to access your Online Account. Log in using the information you created the profile with. If you cannot log in, this is where you can use the "Can't Log In?" Link.

Once logged in, locate your email address at the upper right hand corner. Click on it and select "Manage Users" on the drop down.

On the next screen, look at the permissions for the profile you are trying to use. Make sure all are set to Access or Admin.

Since you are getting that error about upgrading.. let's try this. Uninstall by going to Start, All Programs, Webroot, Tools, Uninstall. Restart the computer.

Use my link below to download and install from scratch. Use the PC link unless you have a cope that is Best Buy Subscription, in which case use that link.

After installing, and allowing the first scan to complete, go to Password Manager in the software. You should have to re-enable it which will also give you directioons on how to redownload and install the password toolbar.

I hope this helps... let us know! You can also submit a Trouble Ticket from my links if these steps do not work.

*edit - subject line edit to avoid confusion after moving post to correct forum - admin*
Userlevel 7
@ , was your issue taken care of? Do you need any further assistance? :)

edit 7/13/13: we'll tentatively close this as resolved for now, but please let us know if you need any additional help