Solved

How can I tell if the Webroot has been installed on my computer.

I bought the package on 5/17.  How can I tell if it's in place and working?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 25 September 2016, 22:55

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

After you download and install Webroot you should always see a notification in the bottom right hand corner of the screen when you start your computer, as well as a Webroot task bar icon.

Are you not seeing either of these?

Please respond to this thread and I will continue to assist any way that I can,

Best Regards,

do not see webroot icon in lower righthand corner of my pc
when i insert cd it does not load

Userlevel 7
Hi  Icorso,

Welcome to the Webroot Community! :D

Did you install Webroot just following these steps:

1) Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: DDDD-AAAA-XXXX-DE78-XXX
2) Keep your computer online while installing process to make sure it works correctly
3) Reboot your machine

Please let us know if it helps or not please remeber you can always count on our help :D

Best regards,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Hello Icorso, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

If I may add to what Mike posted and it looks like he's not online now. I believe he forgot to give you the download link.

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
Thank you,
Dave. ;)

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
when i insert cd it does not load

Oops, my fault 😞 I'm sory, didn't noticed this post.
Dave, many thanks for your coprehensive hints, as always! :D

Mike
hello I have this problem it just started a while ago it doesn't give me the notification anymore on startup, but I don't know why it was working fine before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello xVoltzGrizzly,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Can you please look in your Windows Programs folder and open up Webroot? Go to Advanced Settings in the upper right hand corner of Webroot GUI and click on the cog symbol to open.

Then you will see Install Settings as shown in 2nd photo and see if you have these settings checked. If not check the ones you want and then click save at the botton of the screen and then enter the captcha.

Im not sure,, I already turned on my computer i dont remeber seeing it...The w is in the top right of the tool bar now only because i am in your site right now..
Userlevel 7
@, please try restarting your Computer and if you don't see it please reach out to our Customer Support Team for help.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send a Support Ticket
I have tried installing Webroot, and thought that it was done correctly, but I still have "expired" on the opening screen.  It runs and scans, how do I ensure it is installed correctly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have tried installing Webroot, and thought that it was done correctly, but I still have "expired" on the opening screen.  It runs and scans, how do I ensure it is installed correctly?
Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will check to see if there are any issues on the back end and of course help you sort it out.
Yes I see the webroot insert window at the bottom of the screen upon boot up, but still am getting "expired" on the opening screen for subscription.
i need to know how i can confimr if webroot has been installed, i ahve checked my downloads and see no icon when my computer starts, and i did not confirm the program installation on my laptop when i attempted to install the program when sent the code to my e-mail address. this is a new computer would it be best to reset to factory and try to reinstall webroot. Or cna i redownload the program some how. i need to be protected!

i need to know how i can confimr if webroot has been installed, i have checked my downloads and see no icon when my computer starts, and i did not confirm the program installation on my laptop when i attempted to install the program when sent the code to my e-mail address. this is a new computer would it be best to reset to factory and try to reinstall webroot. Or cna i redownload the program some how. i need to be protected!

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @, it doesn't sound like it is installing properly. We recommend that you contact our tech support team as they will be able to get you all set up. 
no notification at bottom rt hand corner

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
no notification at bottom rt hand corner

Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Your taskbar notification area Icons could be hidden so have a look here to see how to Unhide your taskbar notification area Icons: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/30031/windows-10-customize-taskbar-notification-area and here: https://winaero.com/blog/always-show-tray-icons-windows-10/ and if your using a different version of Windows please let me know!

HTH,