Solved

How do I change my Windows 10 have Webroot as my Firewall & Protection Default instead of McAfee

• 19 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I need help changing my laptop pc to be updated as having Webroot Security and making sure its firewall is also set to as well.I did use to have McAfee as my Security antiviral&firewall protection on my laptop pc(which still shows up on my pc as installed but I had gotten my new Webroot subscription).Although,with now having Webroot installed as my New coverage and protection,I'm not entirely sure itd changed to being Webroot,nor do I really know how to ensure its something I need to do manually to have it as my "Default".I have windows 10 on my laptop, and being I'm not the most savvy,I on occassion get messages poping up saying my Firewall isn't on and would I like to turn on McAfee(as it doesn't list Webroot as an option instead-but on my Webroot it shows as Firewall being tirned on...)hense why am confused what I should do without loosing anything needed.I don't know if I should delete and remove all McAfee programs,being I cant seem to really figure out how I change the systems Security and Firewall setting,etc.,I dnt know if deleting McAfee files will help in changing anything needed in my Security settings,&to be all listed and read Webroot as my now new Security "Default" setting. Any help and as much detail of steps would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank You,
luvsreading
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 19 December 2016, 18:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello luvsreading,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Lets see if we can resolve this.

Please look here to remove McAfee:
McAfee  Download and Instructions

•  This covers a variety of products
Then get back to us if you still need help.
Userlevel 7
Hello luvsreading , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.:D

If I may add to what Sherry has posted. Since you posted that you are not computer savvy, I would let the Professionals at Webroot Support sort this problem.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)