How do I get the expired webroot off and the new webroot on my pc?

• 4 May 2015
  • 1 reply

I need help getting the expired webrootsecure anywhere off my pc and the new webroot secure anywhere antivirus on the pc?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Lindawatson1545

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am not quite sure I follow; are you saying that you have an old version of Webroot software installed and you want to remove it before installing the latest version?

Well, you call both "secure anywhere" and in fact there is only one installer that handles all THREE versions of WSA; Antivirus; Internet Security Plus and Complete, and if you are changing from one to another then all you need to do is enter your new keycode (that you have received for the new version) as it is the keycode that controls what features are avaialble to you as a user.

If I have misunderstood then please post back with more information as to the version you now have installed and the version you want to install.  BTW if the Webroot version you have is pre 2011 then you will need to uninstall it otherwise what I have described above should work.  To uninstall the older (pre 2011) version please see this KB Article but as I said this is only for pre 2011 versions.

Regards, Baldrick,