Solved

How do I stop the Windows 10 nag popups?

• 13 November 2015
  • 36 replies

Every 12 hours or so Webroot puts up this annoying popup telling me that it supports windows 10.   How do I stop this?  I get offended when I've paid for software and it starts nagging me without me being able to stop it.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 19 June 2018, 23:44

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Those are bad too - but these ones just pop up as soon as the site loads, and won't let you click on anything else until you dismiss them. The ones that interrupt your closing the tab are even worse, IMHO.
Userlevel 7
Which "ones that come up when they detect your mouse heading up to the close tab button"? I must be missing out as I am not seeing anything like this...LOL! :(
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Which "ones that come up when they detect your mouse heading up to the close tab button"? I must be missing out as I am not seeing anything like this...LOL! :(
Trust me @ my friend, you are NOT 'missing out' LOL!  
Userlevel 7
? Ok, I know which ones you mean.  I do NOT use instagram, but once in a while I want to see a pic that was posted on it.  They often have one running... you can see the content requested START to load, and then it gets blocked by the overlay demanding you sign in or sign up.

Do not DARE enable that here please!  That would chase off a lot of the OP's that come here just for one quick simple question.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Don't worry, I will never let that happen here!
This is still happenning even if the only check box 'at startup' is removed. Each popup remains overlayed - even typing this - until you close it. Later on another will appear.

Getting to be just nag ware.

No solutions presented.
What solution did the tech give you when you called the toll free phone number ? What pop-up blocker do you have installed ?
Once again anothercalifornian.................what was the information the tech gave you when you called the toll free Webroot phone number ? Also, what pop up blocker are you currently using ?
Not Windows nags, WEBROOT popups. I want them to go away. I have unchecked the option for startup. They just come up and overlay the screen.

HOW DO I SHUT THIS OFF?

You are not interested in getting rid of the pop-ups. You just want to moan and groan and waste bandwith. You have been asked to provide the information the Webroot tech gave you when you called the toll free phone number. You have also been asked what pop up blocker you have. Since you are not capable of answering simple questions that were prompted to actually help you, you are simply seeking attention.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Not Windows nags, WEBROOT popups. I want them to go away. I have unchecked the option for startup. They just come up and overlay the screen.

HOW DO I SHUT THIS OFF?

See here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Annoying-notification-showing-several-times-a-day/m-p/322771#M31850