Solved

How do i uninstall Webroot from my Window 7 PC

• 29 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Good Morning,
Kindly assist with this challenge.
An unknow internet dude installed webroot into my window 7 PC without my permission, how he did it i have not found out. But the challenge is that he taps into and control everything i do on my PC. This is illegal.
I have search severally her feautures are hidden but the logo appears on my task bar, when i take the cusor close to it it displays " Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection v9.0.13.75 - Protected".
How do i uninstall this app.
Regards.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 29 November 2016, 05:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Isiok,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

To uninstall Webroot you can go into the Control Panel/Programs/AddRemove/Webroot/Uninstall.

If you cannot uninstall from the Control Panel then please look here

Make sure you run as Administrator in command prompt (right click and then select 'run as administrator')

If you still have issues then you can Submit a Support Ticket and they can assist you. Free of charge.

Hope this helps?
Thanks for your response.

I followed the procedure given to me as it is below. After stage 3 nothing came up, it was empty.

What do i do next, cos the person is regulating my work.

Regards

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon.  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.  
  4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Isiok,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Would you please try going into SafeMode with Netwoirking and uninstall Webroot from there with the instructions that I sent you.

• Restart the computer.  
  • When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, repeatedly tap the F8 key until the Windows Advanced Options menu
  • Safe Mode with Networking  
  • Press Enter. The computer will start in the mode you have chosen. When you are finished, restart the system and Windows will load normally. 
Remember you can always Submit a Support Ticket and they can help you uninstall Webroot.