Solved

How to combine multiple licenses under one 3-device account?

• 11 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I've used Webroot for several years, and have switched devices (PCs, tablets, phones) many times.
I now have an assortment of licenses for PC and Android.

I want to simplify things, and get a 3-device license for me, and another 3-device license for my wife; that's the perfect solution for us, as we each have PC+phone+tablet.

However, when I talked to Sales about this, and asked for credit for the 5+ years worth of keycodes I already own, I was told No, that isn't possible?

REALLY? I want to stay a loyal WR customer, and you won't give me credit for the money I've paid for currently active licenses? Is there perhaps someone on the support side I should talk to?

icon

Best answer by Costero 15 December 2016, 19:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Costero, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum, :D

I'm sure one of our Community Managers could come up with a solution to your problem. Since this is the weekend, they will probably answer this post on Monday.

@  @

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
Hello @ and welcome to our Community.

I'll need some more information from you to make sure I'm understanding correctly your request. Please respond to my Private message when you have a chance. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
I wanted to share the outcome, publicly, in case others have the same issue:

A Webroot rep was initially helpful and sympathetic; my request made sense to him, and he said that after I installed my newly-purchased 3-device license, he would extend its expiration date to reflect a *partial* credit for my 5+ years of unused time remaining on various Android devices. I never expected to get full credit, so I thought his offer was fair.

However, a day or two later, the same rep informed me that he had overstepped his bounds. One of his higher-ups explained to him that licenses sold through Google Play fall under different "budgeting" (his word) parameters. So, in short, he retracted his offer: I get no credit for unused license days.

Thus, the lesson learned here is that Webroot is unwilling (they would probably claim unable) to combine existing licenses under their newer 3-device and 5-device subscriptions.

The strange (and dumb) message to users is, Don't buy anything from Webroot until your current licenses expire.

This is not to bad-mouth the software -- it is still (imho) the best. But the people running the day-to-day operations really seem to be short-sighted, putting a higher priority on accounting budgets than on long-term customer retention.

Userlevel 7
I tried to make an exception that was completely out of line of my point of authority.

I take full ownership of any negativity stemming from this. Not that I don't like being called rep, but I like Josh much better.