Solved

How to discontinue use of password management

• 28 May 2013
  • 7 replies

I began using password management on two Windows 8 x64 bit machines but I discovered that the password toolbar is not compatible with IE10's Enhanced protective mode on the desktop version of internet explorer.  I therefore would like to discontinue using password management but I haven't found a way to uninstall the password toolbar from WSA.  Can someone point in the right direction?  I tried uninstalling WSA and then re-installing but the toolbar automatically reinstalled.

Is there a solution?
icon

Best answer by JimM 28 May 2013, 18:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Reldel,

Disabling the add-on in IE10 will remove it from that browser.
I was aware of how to disable the add-on and I had already done so.  I thought perhaps there would be a way to remove the add-on?

Before I installed the password toolbar, I thought the add on did not exist in the browser.  Can I somehow get back to that set up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Reldel and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. Another familiar name I see from Wilders. ;)

That's all I do is disable the add-on in my Browsers and when I feel like using it in the future I just have to re-enable them.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Did you reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling?
I'm not sure. Should I try the uninstall, re-boot and then reinstall?
Userlevel 7
Please go ahead and give that a try.
I tried doing uninstall and then reboot.

Immediately upon reinstall IE10 asks if I want to enable toolbar. Reviewing add-ons, I see three WSA instances, Webroot toolbar, Webroot Vault (both under Webroot Inc. header). The third is Webroot with publisher not available.

Clicking on Webroot vault, more information, I see LPbar64.dll, I assume a modified LastPass reference, home of passwords?

So all three add-ons install even after reboot. I'm guessing the "disable" is the best solution.

Thanks for your assistance.

As Triple Hellix mentioned, the solution appears to be disable and then activate IE10 Enhanced Protection Mode.