I have contacted support 4 times over the last 3 days but so far they have not responded.
My C:\ProgramData\WRData folder is 185GB !
That seems way too large to me.
Can anyone tell me why it would be so large.
Best answer by TripleHelix
The reason the WRData Folder would get large is because you have many unknown files running on your system and some of them can be old files. You said you contacted Webroot Support 4 times over 3 days and you shouldn’t do that as when you add a new ticket or reply it makes the whole ticket go to back end of queue so you always wait for a reply.
Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.
Once you get a reply ask them to whitelist your unknown files then when you get a reply back then to clean your system up I would recommend to do a clean reinstall.
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Check to see if the WRData Folder is gone and if it’s there delete it
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?