Solved

I bought Webroot last week for 3 computers. I had it installed on a new HP computer and my laptop.

Userlevel 1
Need to know how to get credit for the Webroot copy that got returned and restored by the Geek squad so that I have two of the original copies yet to use.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 11 October 2015, 03:25

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi n2999c

Welcome to the Community Forums.

My apologies but I do not quite follow; you have bought a 3 user license of WSA anmd installed it on 2 computer? If so then I am not quite sure what you are looking for a credit for. Perhaps you could provide a clearer picture of (i) how many licenses you have purchased, (ii) for how many devices each & (ii) from whom. And excatly what you are looking to be credited or refunded in terms of license & number of devices.

Many thanks, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

After having thought about this post for a while, I THINK I understand so please allow me to interject here briefly.

Was perhaps a new laptop purchased, Geek Squad installed Webroot on it, and that laptop then returned?  So what you want is to know how to release that seat of the 3 user license?

If so, 
Click PC Security
Click the returned laptop
Click the Commands tab
Click Deactivate

Let us know if this helps please

🙂
Userlevel 1
Just bought the 3 machine disk.  Installed it on a HP computer I just bought.  Didn't like the computer, returned it and now I need to know how to get that copy back so I can use it on three computer instead of two.
Userlevel 7
Hi n2999c

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, firstly I hope that you uninstalled the copy of WSA before you returned the computer.  Anyhow, irrespective of that what you need to do is to deactivate the computer you are referring to.

Yo will find all the instruction on this in this KB Article on the subject.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
?

I have taken the liberty of merging these posts together.  I hope one of the answers above helps!  If now, do please let us know

:)
Userlevel 1
Gentlemen,

Userlevel 1
Gentlemen,

I did as you said and could find "0" computers listed as having been registered.  However, my laptop, which had the program installed on it, does show on the Webroot pull up page which you get when you click on the icon does indeed show it installed and with the correct keycode.  Does that mean that according to the PC Security page on the Account console that I have the full three installations left?

This whole thing is getting somewhat confusing.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Yes.. actually you have all three licenses still unused according to the Console... HOWEVER that will change.  Sometimes it does not register correctly when first installed, especially if the first scan was not allowed to run to full completion.

If it was installed by Geek Squad, they might have cancelled the first scan in order to save time.. I have seen them do that in the past.  Chances are within a day or two, after you have run a full scan or two, your current computer will indeed show up on the Console as it should.

If it does not, just let us know 🙂
Userlevel 1
Dave,

Thanks.  I'll keep my eye on it and let you know.

Userlevel 1
Dave,

Userlevel 1
Dave,

It did show up on my laptop.  So I guess I got two more machines to install it on.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
You are most welcome!

Any time you have a question or a problem, just let us know. We have a lot of good peope here who love volunteering to help others!
Userlevel 1
Thanks again...Semper Fi
Userlevel 7
Hi n2999c

As David said...you are most welcome. Glad that we could help out.

Regards, Baldrick