I get pop up spam... how do I protect my internet from that, that is all.

• 26 January 2015
  • 1 reply

My

has all sorts of issues:

First when I go to a website, I get pop ups on the side of the websites, they flash and use bold letters.

Second, As soon as I open Firefox, It automaticly opens to website tabs,  1 with my home page and the other with a spam website.

Finally third, When I click on a new website, another website opens that I have to exit out of and

down my other page from loading fast enough.

That is all my issues,

Help me soon,

Thanks,

DV

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
My

has all sorts of issues:

First when I go to a website, I get pop ups on the side of the websites, they flash and use bold letters.

Second, As soon as I open Firefox, It automaticly opens to website tabs,  1 with my home page and the other with a spam website.

Finally third, When I click on a new website, another website opens that I have to exit out of and

down my other page from loading fast enough.

That is all my issues,

Help me soon,

Thanks,

DV

Hello only1dan,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

There are a couple of reasons for this; firstly, that the sites you visit are 'throwing' advertising at you (which to be honest is how the web works these day, unfonatunately).

These are best stopped, or controlled by, getting and installing browser addons/extensions which will do the job for you.  

I would recommend that you check out free addons/extensiosn the approrpiate one depending on which browser you use (suggestions include for (i) Firefox - AdBlockPlus or ADBlock Edge,

Then if that doesn't help then please have a look at this Mozzilla Help Site

Please let us know how things are going for you and/or if you need more help!

Kind Regards,