I have a keycode, but where do I find my account number?

• 15 November 2015
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
I have access to Webroot online so I'm familiar with the console, etc.  I had a problem and called the 800#. The recording asked me for my account number. I couldn't find it and then they wanted  my SS#, which I would not give over the phone. I then had a Live Chat and that person said there were no account numbers and asked for my keycode. Do I have an account number, and if so, where do I find it online?
Thank you,
Sharon

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sharlea2348

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to profess that I have never seen or heard of a Webroot Account No. being given and in all cases the key piece of information is one's keycode. Was your purchas eof WSA through Best Buy/The Geek Squad or from some other source?

Perhaps ? or ? would be able to offer more guidance on this?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there ?

If, as I gather from your post, that the issue involves the Account Console, my suggestion would be to contact Webroot Support directly by submitting a Trouble Ticket.  As far as I know, only Webroot Support has any actual access the Console/Accounts in order to fix things.

If by chance you have a question that we might be able to help answer here, please do feel free to let us know just what the problem you are having is.  We don't have access to Account information here, but often we can help guide people to the right answer without the need of Support.
Badge +8
Hi ?,

I have since called Webroot twice and none of the prompts or people asked for my account number. If I remember correctly, he asked for my email address that is associated with the account. To access the console, you have to enter your email address and password and also the secure 2nd password which they ask in a code, for example, enter the third and fifth letters to access the console. No one EVER asked for the last four of my social.

Are you sure that you dialed Webroot? No disrespect, but I have misdialed in the past. Would you mind sending along the toll free number that you called? Many thanks.

Theresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Webroot or even NewEgg or Amazon or Walmart will NOT ask you for your SSN. You were quite smart not to give this to them.
Please contact Support as mentioned.

Hopefully this will get straightened out for you soon.

Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,
I agree that I've never seen an acct. no. before, but when I called Customer Service, that's the first thing they asked for. When I couldn't provide it, they asked for my SS# and I hung up.
Thanks for your fast reply.
Sharon
Userlevel 1
Hi Theresa,
I dialed the number for Geek Squad that is listed on the Webroot site. The questions were robotic and because I couldn't enter an account number, the robot asked for my SS# so I hung up. I then hooked up with Live Chat on Webroot and they looked up my account by my keycode. I guess there is no account #.
Thanks for replying so fast.
Sharon
Userlevel 1
Hi David,
Per my previous replies, I called the Geek Squad number and got the robotic machine that first asked for my account number. I didn't have one so it aske for my SS# and I hung up. Perhaps I dialed Geek Squad in error (I purchase it from them), and should have called Webroot. Thanks for replying so fast.
Sharon
Userlevel 1
Hi Sherry,
Thank you for replying so fast. I renewed through Geek Squad and their number is on the support tab so I called them. The robotic person asked first for my account number and when I didn't provide it, the robotic person asked for my SS#. It's possible that Geek Squad does use account numbers for their tech service, not Webroot. 
Thanks for replying so fast.
Sharon
Userlevel 7
Hi sharlea2348

As you seem to be getting nowhere fast with The Geek Squad I woudl suggest that if you have an issue or question that you contact the Webroot Support (Open a Support Ticket) as previously suggested, explain the situation to them and see if they can provide the help that you are seeking.

If The Geek Squad seem unable/unwilling to then I do not see that you have much option.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
? I used to work at the Geek Squad, until a year ago.  They have never gathered or kept any part of the SS number. Are you sure you called the right number?  1800-GEEK-SQUAD ?
Userlevel 1
Thanks, Baldrick. I'll contact Webroot support and try to get some help there. 
Sharon
Userlevel 1
Hi David,
I'm sure I called that number (800) 433-5778 (800-gee-ksqu). I'm just going to contact Webroot Support for my problem. 
Thanks again,
Sharon
Badge +8
Hi ?,

How did things turn out? Did you submit a trouble ticket as @baldrick suggested? I didn't even know that Webroot HAD chat? Learn something new every day here!  Very smart in not revealing part of you SS. No idea who that was that asked you that.

Have you resolved your issues yet?

Theresa
Userlevel 1
Hi Theresa,
Thanks for checking back. I haven't entered a ticket yet, but I will. I need to change my credit card billing and it said on the site that I had to call to do that. I think Webroot's website is difficult to navigate. As a word processor, I think I'm pretty savvy, but I feel if you check on "Your Account," you should be able to get all your information online, including your billing information. That's just my opinion. 
Thanks again,
Sharon