I have two consoles, but I only want to keep one that is active. How do I delete the other console?

• 18 October 2014
  • 7 replies

I have two consoles. One of my consoles expired, so I created a new one and have it active. How do I delete the old expired console?

Note, I just learned that I could have renewed the key on my old console without deleting it, but it is a little too late now. I just need to get rid of the unneeded console.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ALKreinbrink

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I do not believe that you have the ability to delete a Console once active, but having more than one is not a problem and having one of those thatr is not used does not cause any issues especially if the keycode attached to it are expired.

If you want to get rid of the non used Console please Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team if they can sort that out for you.

@ would you be able to confirm that this is correct? :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello ALKreinbrink, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am going to add a bit to Baldrick's reply, he is entirely correct in that you will need to submit a ticket but here is some extra info for future reference.

Next time if you buy a new key code instead of renewing, you can usually add the new key code to the existing Console instead of creating a new one.  (There are, of course, exceptions.  If one of the key codes is a Best Buy Subscription Software version and the other is not, this will not work.  Consoles ARE separated by key code type of which there are three that I know of currently though there may be more: Standard, Best Buy Subscription and Business Endpoint.)

At this time, we users are not able to delete an unused Console.  You will need to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support do this for you.  While you are at it, if the OLD key code has been expired for roughly 15 days or less, and you were using the Password Manager feature, you might be able to have the Password Manager data moved from the old key code/console to the new key code/console.  This is not always possible, but often it is and saves a good bit of time and frustration if you use it for as many web sites as I do.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Thanks, David...all good points to note...do I sense an addendum to the Standard Reply we are to set up or even a seperate one on this topic? ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks, David...all good points to note...do I sense an addendum to the Standard Reply we are to set up or even a seperate one on this topic? ;)

Regards, Baldrick
I am not sure....  :)
Userlevel 7
Hello ALKreinbrink, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
David and Baldrick are correct users cannot delete consoles. I just had one of my consoles deleted a few days ago after sending a support ticket request in. It took about 24 hours and it was deleted by support. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure when you send your support ticket in that you tell them the EXACT NAME of the console you want deleted.
Userlevel 7
Hi PTD

Hope that you are OK?

Thanks for pointing out that very good point...very worthy of a precising.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello ALKreinbrink, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
David and Baldrick are correct users cannot delete consoles. I just had one of my consoles deleted a few days ago after sending a support ticket request in. It took about 24 hours and it was deleted by support. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure when you send your support ticket in that you tell them the EXACT NAME of the console you want deleted.
Err... yes.. that is VERY important.  Thanks Dave!