Solved

I just bought webroot from Amazon instead of renewing. Can't make it work

• 3 April 2015
  • 1 reply

Instead of renewing Webroot that expired yesterday, I bought SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2015 3 Device 1 Year PC from Amazon, have a new key. Clicked on download, run, see a window that says "View Keys" and "Install". No matter clicking on Install I'm getting an old window that tells me subscription expired. Even after I restarted computer...
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 3 April 2015, 10:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Anna

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you already have WSA installed, and have purchase a new key subscription rather than renewing your existing one then there is no need to install the software again.  All you need to do is to open WSA, click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the My Account tab, enter you new keycode in the field provided and then click the 'Activate ' button...may sure that yo uare conmnected to the Internet when you do this; please see below:

And that should do the trick.

Now, just in case you were already using the Internet Security Plus version before you chose to purchase a use a NEW subscription/keycode:

(i) do not enter the new keycode until the current one has expired because if you have any time on the old one that will continue to run down even though you have activated the new one, and so you would effectively "lose" the time still left on the old one. In this case you could contact the Support Team, by Opening a Support Ticket, explain the situation and ask then to add the new subscription to your old (and presumably site current) subscription, so that (a) you do not have to enter the new one & (b) you would get an increased number of days going forward, i.e., old days + new days, etc.

AND

(ii) if you currently use the Password Manager, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode...so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer the date from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter...you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

I hope that helps?  But if not or if you have further questions then please do come back and ask them.

Regards, Baldrick

I hope that answers the questions/explains what you are seeing and what to do to resolve the issues?  If not then please come back and advise further as to what you need help with.