Solved

I'm trying to set up Webroot Security Plus on my Amazon Fire Phone

• 20 November 2015
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
I already have Webroot Secure Anywhere on my desktop PC.I downloaded Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete from the Amazon app store.I am trying to fill in the info to access/register my mobile app account.I tried using my login that I use on my PC(Webroot Secure Anywhere).Webroot didn't like the password that I use on my PC,so I tried a different one using the 6 letters-3 numbers guideline.Then it says my Secure anywhere complete Keycode is not good-I must be a SecureAnywhere Complete customer-which I have been for several months.
I am totally confused.Does the phone app require a different login and password? Why is my Key code not working? It is the keycode from my PC account.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 21 November 2015, 02:38

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

? if I may assist?

Please go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
I changed the settings about 50 minutes ago,and I still can't get my password or key code to take.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello rothie,

Sorry you are having issues with this keycode. I am thinking that there is a conflict with the keycode from WSA Complete from Amazon.

? are you able to confirm rothie's keycode from Amazon?

My advise woud be to Submit a Support Ticket free of charge explaining your situation.

? would you be able to assist here? I thought somewhere we had trouble shooted this issue but I cannot find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep keycode looks good on your account - it's a 3-device license
Userlevel 7
If you have set the Account to allow Passwords, the only think I can think of is to make sure you are typing everything in EXACTLY, including upper or lower case letters.
Userlevel 7
Well, I might have something else.  If it is asking for you KEY CODE then I think you have downloaded the wrong version.  You might have downloaded the Complete (It asks for key code).  If I recall correctly, the mobile version that goes with a 3 device license will only need your user Email and Password as you have it set in the Account.

Try removing WSA from the device, and then reinstall using the link for the FREE mobile version. (Google Play) or This Download from Amazon. Once installed you can register it in the settings menu.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Nic!

Great Thank you ?

Hi rothie,

Are you downloading from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Webroot-Security-Complete/dp/B007CJTIO6/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422118098&sr=1-2&keywords=Webroot

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
Sherri-
The link you gave me to Amazon-Security Complete-is what I downloaded yesterday.No Key code was sent to me.The only keycode I have is from my original PC installation from Best Buy. What app should I download? How do I uninstall the app I have now if it is not correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi rothie,

Please go here to for instructions to uninstall Webroot https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/How-to-Uninstall-Webroot-From-an-Android-Mobile-Device/ta-p/140807

You need to use the same keycode that you recieved from Best Buy for your Amazon Fire Phone. I believe you can follow these instructions form Best Buy http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-install#androidinstall

? is this correct?

Userlevel 7
See my last post and download the Free version from the Amazon link.

Once installed, you should be able to access a Register option within the App settings.  Use the Email address and Password that is set up for your user in the Console

I hope this helps 🙂
@ wrote:
Yepkeycode looks good on your account - it's a 3-device license
Edit: Sorry @, I was posting this when you posted yours.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't WSA Complete Licenses all 5-user? Since this is a 3-user license then I don't think @ has WSA Complete (despite being posted in the Complete forum).

If so then @ needs to download the WSA free version from Amazon found here.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. It's been a long week. ;)

bd
Userlevel 3
Badge +10
you guys duke it out.From what I am reading around the web,I won't be able to renew my webroot next year anyhow.All I see is complaints about renewal issues.I would seriously consider giving your naming structure some clarity. Nobody here seems to know whoch program or app is which.
Very sorry ?

We were going by the fact that this was posted in the WSA Complete forum, so that was the app that was recommended for you to download. You don't have the Complete version of Webroot on your PC so you should be downloading the free version of the app.

Sorry for the confusion.

bd
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yepkeycode looks good on your account - it's a 3-device license
@ wrote:
you guys duke it out.From what I am reading around the web,I won't be able to renew my webroot next year anyhow.All I see is complaints about renewal issues.I would seriously consider giving your naming structure some clarity. Nobody here seems to know whoch program or app is which.
So it's not a 5 Device Complete keycode so the OP must have the 3 Device ISP http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/isp so he would need to download the Free version from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Webroot-Security-Free/dp/B004U85D2S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448069766&sr=8-5&keywords=webroot+apps and then install the keycode and required info to the online account to make it the Premier version and also download the free SecureWeb Browser http://www.amazon.com/Webroot-SecureWeb-Browser/dp/B00CRR40KU/ref=sr_1_4?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1448069307&sr=1-4 and that should do it but if the OP has the AV only 3 Device then he will have to go with the free version as the AV code will not work.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
TH, exactly.

:)
Userlevel 3
Badge +10
As I said in my very first original post....When I open Webroot from the taskbar on my PC,it is named WebRoot Secure Anywhere.I downloaded Webroot Complete from the Amazon app Store.Is this the ncorrect app for my 3 device licence?I see no way to tell by looking at the app how I would determine which app is correct for me,and there seems to be much confusion here as to which I should be allowed to use.3 devices?? 5 devices?? I only have 1 device registered with Webroot.
What is the fix for my problem? Can we reach a consensus on how I should proceed? I have had a ticket into support since early this afternoon.I haven't heard back from them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you tell me what it says here on your PC?

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
Thanks for the screen shot,Daniel.I have Internet Security Plus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So you need to do what I suggested in my first post! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/I-m-trying-to-set-up-Webroot-Security-Plus-on-my-Amazon-Fire/m-p/228712#M7489

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have moved this thread to the correct Forum!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Badge +10
I removed the WebRoot Complete app and installed the Webroot free app on my phone.Everything is working well.Thanks for all the help.
Hi ?,

Very glad to hear that! :)

Again, very sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate it.

Have a good night,

bd