Solved

I miss seeing my updates download and install

• 6 July 2012
  • 5 replies

I really like this version but i miss downloading updates and seeing them download and install,

for some reason i do not feel protected because i dont see updates 

anyone else feel this way ?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 6 July 2012, 07:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I really like this version but i miss downloading updates and seeing them download and install,

for some reason i do not feel protected because i dont see updates 

anyone else feel this way ?
Hello MikeGrunewald, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.:D

I know how you feel. I was the same way when I first started using WSA. I even used NIS and MSE on different computers with WSA so I can see updates. lol. The more I read about WSA and the way it works, the more protected I felt. Believe me, your protected with WSA. ;)

https:///t5/Security-Industry-News/AV-C-Performance-test-June-2012/td-p/6358
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello MikeGrunewald and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I don't miss the definition updates as I have been using Prevx since 2004 and now that Webroot owns Prevx and they have improved upon it much more. 😉 It's nice to know that if one user sees a unknown virus and the cloud examines it and then it's marked bad then everyone is protected without the need for definition update downloads!

More Info Here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/pr/momentum/corp/technology-acquisition-cloud-security-110110.html

TH
Userlevel 3
Hi Mike!

The beauty of Webroot SecureAnywhere is precisely that you don't need to download any signature updates.  Although this paradigm shift might take a bit of getting used to, your protection is actually stronger because of it.  In the past, you would need to download updated signature packs daily or even multiple times daily.  These updates would increasingly bloat the software, making it bulkier and slower on your machine.  Also, until you found time to do the update download, you were not protected against brand-new threats 😞.  However with Webroot SecureAnywhere, the second we update our cloud-based intelligence network, your machine is automatically protected against new threats and you don't need to continually clutter your machine with bulky signature updates :D.
thank you all for the info :)

i also like to help beta test so please let me know if i can help in any way.
Userlevel 7
Hey MikeGrunewald!

I saw you were interested in beta testing. Here is a link to Webroot's SecureAnywhere Windows 8 beta if you would like to test it out! 😉