Solved

I need to remove a device from my security tab that is still in my household?

• 22 September 2014
  • 8 replies

Hi I wonder if someone could help please ....... I have a laptop on my security device that is using a different security software and need to remove it from my Webroot consul. How do I do this please?
icon

Best answer by fionalc 22 September 2014, 21:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please go to your online Account Console, Deactivating the PC, Device you aren't using anymore. Here is instructions for this.
http://download.webroot.com/SecureAnywhereWebsiteUserGuide.pdf#page41

Let us know if you need more help!

Best Regards,
Thank you Sherry, I've had a look and see what needs to be done, however when I open the relevant box there is no commands tab just the tabs for about and scan information :-( 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello,

I'm sorry im not at a PC right now maybe @ can assist here.

Thank you for your patience,

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi fionalc

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You need to log into your Web Console and once you have go to the top right hand corner and click on your email address that you should see there. From the dropdown menu select Account Settings. That should display a further page with two boxed areas displayed, the lower one entitled 'Access & Permissions'.

Find the PC Security entry and look to see what that has set against it. If that is NOT 'Admin' then click on the 'Change' link to the right. That will open another tab on the same page that will display all the permissions. Click on the down arrow to the right of the PC Security entry's current setting and select 'Admin' from the dropdown menu. Click on the 'Save Access & Permissions" button.

Once back at the previous page select 'PC Security' from the page header to get you back to the page on which you select your devices, and now clicking on a device should give you the missing 'Command' option.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
No problem ..... Thanks Sherry 
Hi Baldrick, thank you that worked brilliantly! Easy when you know how huh ;) 

Many thanks for your time and trouble.
All the best
Fiona 
Userlevel 7
Hi fionalc

You are most welcome.  Indeed it is and that is the sort of great stuff that one learns by frequenting this forum...as well as having fun and making friends.

Hope that we can tempt you to stick around in the future. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks Baldrick, will certainly explore the forum in more depth. Thanks again for your help :D