I paid for my renewal but my webroot still says its expired

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 December 2019, 19:35

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi hijadejesus

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Can you advise as to exactky how long ago you carried out the renewal and for which product; the standard Webroot version or the Best Buy one?

Also, was the renewal a real one, i.e., time added to your existing keycode so no need to enter a new one or a 'pseudo' renewal in which a new key was issued and had to be entered and activated?

If you can advise on the aboev we can look to provide some assistance.

Regards, Baldrick
Baldrick...what is the difference between the Webroot version or the Best Buy version ?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

OK, just to clarify...as I understand it Best Buy/The Geek Squad sell both their 'own version' of WSA and also what I would call the standard version from Webroot; Anti Virus, Internet Security Plus & Complete versions.

I am assuming that you are asking about the differences between the Best Buy 'own version' and the standard Webroot ones? If so then this is how I understand it:

There is only ONE Best Buy version compared to THREE standard Webroot versions, and the Best Buy version is cloest to the Webroot Complete version, with these differences:

- Best Buy is a 3 device license, not 5 device license
- Best Buy does NOT have the Backup & Sync feature
- Best Buy does NOT have the System Analyzer included, although I understand that you can have that run free of charge
  any time by calling The Geek Squad and asking for it.

The other main difference is that for the Best Buy 'own version' ones primary support source is The Geek Squad, and NOT directly with the Webroot Support Team as one gets with the standard Webroot versions.

I think that covers it in the main...I am sure one of the other members will chip in if I have missed something or got my facts muddled. ;)

Reagrds, Baldrick
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
As always, you are most welcome. Only to happy to try to help out fellow Community members. :D
Badge +3

I paid for renewal online and my Webroot application on my Mac still says expired?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I paid for renewal online and my Webroot application on my Mac still says expired?

Hey @Delmer2660 ,

How did you go about paying for renewal? Did you pay for a separate version via amazon/another retailer? Or did you pay for renewal directly through Webroot via https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/renewal ?

Let me know and I’ll be happy to help you out! 

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Just to add to what Keenan said was it a Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-register

\

Thanks,

Badge +3

I renewed through the application on my comp

Badge +3

Mine was originally a Best Buy purchase a few years ago

Badge +3

I just contacted Best Buy, it looks like renewal went directly through Webroot

Badge +3

Not sure what additional information I can supply.  I renewed the subscription on the Webroot application.  It said special for 38.99 for 3 devices for one year.  I paid the subscription verified on my bank account that it was paid to Webroot.  I didn't get a new key code and it didn't renew on my system.  Not sure where to go from here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Not sure what additional information I can supply.  I renewed the subscription on the Webroot application.  It said special for 38.99 for 3 devices for one year.  I paid the subscription verified on my bank account that it was paid to Webroot.  I didn't get a new key code and it didn't renew on my system.  Not sure where to go from here.

The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and ask them as they will know on the back end. Be sure to use your main email address dealing with Webroot during the renewal.

Thanks,