Solved

I renewed my subscription through Geek Squad, but it is still showing that it is expiring in 16 days

• 4 October 2014
  • 4 replies

Has anyone else renewed through Geek Squad and seen this?  Will it show this and then automatically renew on the renewal date?  I paid for the renewal last night.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 4 October 2014, 21:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
That is entirely normal.  Geek Squad does billing at the very end of the subscription. The days will continue to count down until the actual renew due date, and then your card will be charged accordingly.

If you check your credit card online, or call the card bank, you will find that the charges have indeed not been attempted yet.
I paid through the Geek Sqaud back in January or February because it was going to expire around that time.This the second time I've seen tis about my Web Root expiring.The first time it happened I call Web Root and told them that I paid through Geek Squad and they looked up and then said ok we will take of it and gave me a conformation number which I can't find at this time.I think if the Geek Sqaud and Web Root can't get their acts togather then they should not bill people the way they do.If the Geek Sqaud or Web Root read this they let me know through email what's going to happen.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello slimjim,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I'm very sorry to hear of this issue and since we are only Volunteers here and we are limited in what we can do then my advice would be to contact Best Buy again and tell them that your  Webroot subscription shows it is still expired and then you should have your reciept if you paid by a credit card available for confirmation. (1.800.Geeksquad )

I don't know what else to tell you so maybe our moderators @ or @ can advise here further.

Hope that helps some.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

I am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing.

I was unable to locate any keycode for you using your email.

If you would click on my name, then click on "Send this user a private message" and send me your keycode I would be happy to look this up for you. You can also email me at communitysupport@webroot.com.

Also worth noting, is that if you renewed through Best Buy, then your subscription is managed by Best Buy, not Webroot.

If you do not have your keycode, or a WBR number, you will need to contact Best Buy at 1-800-433-5778 and request it directly from them.

Please do not hesitate to respond to this thread if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Best Regards,