I upgraded and I can't get access to password manager. It keeps stating that I need to upgrade

• 14 November 2016
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
My older version hasn't expired but I upgrade through Amazon because I wanted to access the password manager. Although I entered in the Keycode and it is recognized in "Ma Account," the password manager doesn;t recognize the new purchase.

Was I suppose to delete the old program?

This is the thrid program I've purchased and I'm looking forward in managing my passwords accounts. I have "last pass" do I need to delete that program too?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello tcole001,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Transferring-LastPass-passwords-to-the-Webroot-password-manager/ta-p/37694

When you upgraded did you purchase a new keycode? If you did then you will need to contact support to have them transfer your passwords to your new key code.

Submit a Support ticket https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Or Call : 1-866-612-4268,

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello again@tcole00,

I just had another thought...Would you want ti try a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see ifd that fixes your Password Manager issue?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Nope!!!

Very dissatisfied right now!

I deleted webroot and reinstalled the new purchase again. Still unable to get to passwrod manager which was the reason for the ungrade. Sorry I did that - a waste of money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi tcole001,

Sorry you are having these issues. Would you please contact support and they will fix this for you free of charge with your Webroot subscription.

Submit a Support ticket https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Or Call : 1-866-612-4268,

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Nope!!!

I deleted webroot and reinstalled the new purchase again. Still unable to get to passwrod manager which was the reason for the ungrade. Sorry I did that - a waste of money.
Greetings @,

I've sent you a private message with all of the information required to get this resolved without even having to go through our Support Team. Please send me a message back once you are able to complete the steps so that I may finish moving your Password Manager account to your new keycode.

Thanks! :catwink:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Nope!!!

Greetings @,

I've sent you a private message with all of the information required to get this resolved without even having to go through our Support Team. Please send me a message back once you are able to complete the steps so that I may finish moving your Password Manager account to your new keycode.

Thanks! :catwink:
Thank you for your assistance @ 😃
Userlevel 7

Thank you for your assistance @JP :D
My pleasure, Sherry :D
Userlevel 2
Yes the problem is solved.And thanks to the support team in getting it up and running.
-Tom Cole
I am having the same problem. Were you able to get this fixed? How do I get ahold of someone to fix this? I called their toll free line but cannot reach a real person. Very frustrating. Webroot has a lot to learn about customer service. Thanks to anyone who can help. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am having the same problem. Were you able to get this fixed? How do I get ahold of someone to fix this? I called their toll free line but cannot reach a real person. Very frustrating. Webroot has a lot to learn about customer service. Thanks to anyone who can help. 
@, I'm looking at your Account on our backend and everything looks fine. You shouldn't have any issues until your subscription through Best Buy expires in 150 days.

Having worked on our Consumer Support Team for a year, let me tell you that they are amazing compared to other Companies (and I'm not just talking about Security: Cable, Phone, etc.).
(Yes, I fully acknowledge and accept that I have predisposed bias)

I've gone ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf with our Team. I highly recommend bookmarking our Contact Us page for your convenience in the future.

Cheers!
Hi JP, Id like to compliment everyone at Webroot for their outstanding customer services; service. Ive always had stellar service from everyone Ive spoken to or communicated with via postings. Funny that you should mention Cable and Phone. I'm sick of all their BS. Those customer service reps have gotten so used to lying to their customers, I began recording all conversations with them. If anything differs from what they promise and what eventually happens, I play back the recording to a supervisor or a supervisors supervisor. Mentioning that a copy of the recording will be sent throughout Social Media to all Consumer Protection Agencies, the State Attorney General, all local TV and Radio Stations magically changes their tune.

Only once was I questioned about recording a conversation. My reply was... " your opening message is... this conversation may be recorded ". To me; that indicated they approve of me recording our conversation.