Solved

I've lost my keycode and disk

Hi, I got Webroot with my Samsung laptop at the Best Buy Black Friday bundle, and I just wiped out the computer, and I need to install an antivirus, just to find that I don't have my keycode. I don't know what to do. I DO know that I can download the software online, but I have lost the keycode. Sorry that I double posted, I forgot I didn't have Webroot Security PLUS.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 19 August 2013, 19:11

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
It's no problem at all, I can help you out! :D

Here is the Best Buy PC Installer and I have sent your keycode to you in a private message.
THANK YOU!
Userlevel 7
You're welcome!! 😉
I bought a Samsung computer about a few weeks ago and they gave me a webroot secure anywhere to install. I didnt know that the code was on the sleeve and i ended up misplacing it. Is there nything i can do?
Userlevel 7
If you purchased at Best Buy and it is a Best Buy Subscription Software copy there sure is! Just call 1800-GEEK SQUAD and they can look it up.

But if you have the box the software came in, the Best Buy version has a sticker on the back that you can peel off: the key code may be under there.
Userlevel 7
I forgot to mention a few things earlier: if you also misplaced the CD itself, don't worry. Use the appropriate link below in my signature.

You can also get your key code yourself if you have created your Account Console already. The link is below. If you had activated the Console, log in, cllick your email address at the upper right and choose Manage Key Codes.

Let us know if any of this was helpful!
Userlevel 7
I have sent your keycode to you in a private message, please let me know if you need anything else. 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/WSA-E/message-id/Webroot Best Buy Installer (PC): http:/updates.webroot.com/downloads/WRInstallBestBuy.exe
can you help me also? I'm a long time customer, and it's the weekend so i cant call the help line, and online chat can't help either. I have my keycode, but can reinstall webroot. had to completely wipe my computer due to an issue and got my keycode off my sons computer, but i tried installing a trial version due to it being the weekend, no help again, and that didn't install right so had to unstall it. When I tried to enter my email to get reinstall its not recognizing my email and I used every other email i can think of and it doesn't recognize any, so long story short I have a keycode and can't install webroot and need protection desperately.
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the community, Jet! :)

If you encounter a problem when using the link TripleHelix posted, please reply back indicating what the error message was or what happened, and I'll be happy to continue to help.
ive lost my keycode and need to re install webrrot, anything i could do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello nicoleashley and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Do you happen to create your My Webroot Online Console? Also where did you buy it and do you have a receipt?

TH
it was bought from best buy but i didnt buy it. and it was a.gift.
Userlevel 7
Hello Nicoleashley, and welcome to the Community!

You said it was purchased at Best Buy.  They sell both 'standard' retail versions but they also sell Best Buy Subscription Software versions as well.  Do you happen to have the box for the software?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm pertty sure your out of luck unless the person that gave to you still has a copy of the keycode? The installer is not a big deal.

TH
Userlevel 7
Well, if it was a Best Buy Subscription Software copy, there will be a Best Buy Serial Number on the back.  She can get the key code from that by calling 1800-GEEK-SQUAD

If she does not have the box, she can contact the person who gave it to her.  That person can call Geek Squad to have them look up the sales receipt.  It if was a Best Buy version, they can provide the key code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
But if it's just a box off the shelf there is nothing that can be done right?

TH
Userlevel 7
If it is a standard box, not a Best Buy version, than that is correct.
my keycode is ripped
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
my keycode is ripped
Welcome nick104792 :D

Where did you purchase your WSA?

Well, if it was a Best Buy Subscription Software copy, there is  a Best Buy Serial Number on the back. You can get the key code from that by calling 1800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Please get back to us so that we can help you further!

Hi I purchased a Samsung desktop from Best Buy 1 month ago and it came w/ a WEBROOT secure anywhere internet security subscription/disk. When I peeled the label at the back, a few numbers on the keycode were lost... I have not registered for the account console. Is there any way for me to get a new key code? I have the serial number / member number. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

To get the key code, please call 1800-GEEK SQUAD.  Your copy is a Best Buy Subscription Services copy, so they will have a copy of the key code on file.  (The Best Buy version is the only one that uses that peel off sticker and serial number.)