inserted WebRoot CD into the computer, nothing happened!!

• 14 July 2017
  • 6 replies

I purchased WebRoot for my daughter's new computer because the antivirus software seems to get good reviews. When we inserted the WebRoot CD into the computer, nothing happened. There was no response of any kind. The instructions Explainer videos don't include any customer support phone number. Just a support email address. Uh oh. So I googled the WebRoot customer service phone number. I got a woman with a British accent who did nothing to address the issue. She asked for my email address and said someone would get back to me by email. Uh oh again. No one got back to me by email after several hours, so I emailed customer service myself. The next day, I got a canned email response that was a repeat of the instruction manual. None of which applied to the problem of the CD not working at all. WebRoot customer service is non-existent. The product doesn't work at all. WebRoot and its customer service are completely useless

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

How to do a clean install of WSA on PC:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot

If that doesn't fix the problem Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7
Userlevel 7
 Hello@Donyclark and welcome to the Webroot Community! Thanks for joining us.

Strange, I've been unable to locate any ticket history you've had with our Team. I recommend keeping this contact information handy to ensure you have no issues reaching our Support Team directly, as they can even remotely install your Protection for you if you'd like.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send a Support Ticket

Please do let us know if @'s instructions haven't resolved the problem!

Gee Donyclark,  something certainly seems to be amiss but to blatantly claim that Webroot Products and their Customer Service Staff is " completely useless " is out of line. Ive had GRRRRRRRRREAT service from their products and their staff for a number of years.
How about relaxing and let the Support Staff investigate this for you.

On a side note, where exactly did you purchase your disc ? Was it directly through the  Webroot Website  ( always a good idea ) or some other on line vendor ? Was it through Best Buy perhaps ? The reason I ask is because in this day and age some on line vendors are not as honest forthright and trustworthy as days gone by.

Anyway....give Webroot a chance to iron out the issue and once they have to your satisfaction how about chiming back in with the results.
Userlevel 7
You make a good point, ROBERT1725, but I can well understand Donyclark's frustration.

Whilst we could ask if Autoplay is enabled on the machine that the installation is trying to be run, and we could also suggest that the CD is browser and the relevant installer.exe is run manually, Petr's instruction (above) should be followed, especially the part about downloading the latest installler from the Webroot site.

I would go with that as a first approach and then contact Support as recommended by JP if the first approach does not work.

But have to agree with ROBERT1725; Webroot Support Team have never delivered anything but stellar service as and when I have had to use them (which is not that frequently).

Regards, Baldrick
Greetings Baldrick, I certainly agree with what you are saying, perhaps I was a bit on edge when I posted my response. The OP claimed he purchased Webroot because of all the great reviews and then went on to say Webroot products and its support staff are useless. That just chaps my hide to read something like that. Think of how others might view Webroot if their considering purchasing a subscription and are then turned off by a comment like the OP's.

Sorta/kinda/perhaps/maybe/apologetic if I offended anyone by my postings. Ive had nothing but stellar service from Webroot. Not to brag, but I'm a very educated individual with well over 6 years of high skool, and I know Ive made the right decision by remaining with Webroot as long as I have.
Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

Don't think that you have anything "Sorta/kinda/perhaps/maybe/apologetic" to be about. All valid comments delivered in a level and open way.

All to the good...which is what is so great about this Community.

Regards, Baldrick