Solved

Installing new Webroot 2017 - Windows 10. No go. Removed old version. Still no go. Help

• 24 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Trying to install Webroot plus in Windows 10 from DVD.  Will not load.  Rmoved old version.  Still will not go and suggests I have some malware.  Ran scan with old just before removing.  Need some tips. 
icon

Best answer by Bobby35 24 December 2016, 23:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bobby35

Welcome to the Community Forums.

In the circumstances I would undertake a claean reinstall of  WSA following these instructions closely:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Hopefully that should sort you out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Baldrick,

Got it.  Followed your ideas and came out well.  Got the two desktops done, now need to do the laptop.  I think keeping the web running in the background helped.  Another thing not helping was my account was not complete, and I have had Webroot for several years now. 

Thanks again for your speedy reply.

Bob
Userlevel 7
Hi Bob

Thanks for letting us know.

You are most welcome...glad to be able to help. :D

You know where we are if you need us in the future.

Regards, Baldrick