installing on laptop with windows 10

• 7 November 2015
  • 8 replies

I had older version of webroot installed on windows 7 it expired and then I upgraded laptop to windows 10 and bought newer version of webroot and I cant get it to install on laptop with win. 10 I went and removed/uninstalled older version but it still doesnt work help please thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
does it pop up any errors or messages? A bit more details would be welcome
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
"I had older version of webroot installed on windows 7 it expired and then I upgraded laptop to windows 10 and bought newer version of webroot and I cant get it to install on laptop with win. 10 I went and removed/uninstalled older version but it still doesnt work help please thanks"

You must have received a new key code with your recent purchase of Webroot? Open the Webroot interface/click on the little COG to the right of MyAccount/Enter your new keycode/click activate.

Let us know if it worked?
Userlevel 7
Hi Mick51

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As Lyle advised you should have just been able to enter your new keycode in the location he identified withing the existing installation of WSA and that would have activated your new subscription and if there was any update needed to get you to the latest version of WSA that should have followed.

However, you have said "I went and removed/uninstalled older version but it still doesnt work". So do you know if the uninstallation of the 'older version' completed successfully? Did you then try to install the 'newer version' and if so then what happened? Did the installer prompt you to enter your new keycode, etc?

We need a little more information to understand in what state your system is in re. the installation (or not) of WSA, before we can advise as to what next steps you should take.

Many thanks in anticipation of your response.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
If it is still complaining & refusing to install one might go and do a search over the registry and see if any scraps were left in the registry and manually remove them but for that i suggest you do talk to some of the VIP's here. I don't have enough experience with Secure Anywhere yet to tell you go look here or there ...  But before you delete anything from the registry make sure you export the key / info so if in case that you do delete a bit too much you can import it again and not loose a bit.
Userlevel 7
Hi Mick51

What has already been described is the advice already given as to what should need to be done to remove/uninstall WSA.

What Ewin has alluded to is essentially correct in that I do believe that there are some Registry-related leftovers but these are usually insignifcant/have in my experience never caused a problem in the past...but if you would like I could try to dig up some information on them...always with the caveat that one plays/tweaks the Registry at one's peril.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks for advise, it worked
Userlevel 7
Hi Mick51

Thanks for letting us know and glad to hear that the issue is sorted for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ wrote:
Thanks for advise, it worked
@ could you then explain how exactly you did  it to get it working in case we have someone else run into the same issue?
Thx