Solved

Intelligently suppress warnings

Userlevel 3
Hi!
I was picking at Webroot's settings and noticed this. What does it do when checked and not checked? The guide page didn't really help. 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 May 2018, 00:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

This is my personal settings as I want to see everything what's happening on my system. So these settings you can set for your specific preference and liking from the default, I like knowing if anything is acting up so I choose to see all pop-ups from WSA! Here is some info from the Online User Guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourPC/ChangingShieldSettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DShielding%2520Your%2520PC%7C_____2

HTH,
Userlevel 3
Thank you for the reply. 1 last question, if  "Silently and automatically block untrusted access to user data" is left unchecked, instead of automatically blocking it, will it ask me if I should block the unknown program or not? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thank you for the reply. 1 last question, if  "Silently and automatically block untrusted access to user data" is left unchecked, instead of automatically blocking it, will it ask me if I should block the unknown program or not? 
Yes it will show a pop-up to allow or not and note only untrusted access will ask not trusted access.

A pop-up something like this with different wording!