Solved

Internet Security Plus 2013 - Can't Export Custom Settings

• 7 April 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
I've been using WSA Plus 2013 for about 2 weeks now and I'm very impressed with the program.  That said, I'm attempting to save my custom settings and have had no luck with it.  When I click "Export Settings" button nothing happens.  Just for the heck of it I clicked on "Import Settings" button even though I have nothing to import.  It requested a captcha entry.  I filled in the entry successfully and then tried to click "Export Settings" button again but no response.  Any thoughts?  I looked on the forum to see if others reported an issue but could not find a post on the subject.  Thanks in advance....
icon

Best answer by MikeR 7 April 2013, 18:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Randy

You would then be able to place this file on a shared network drive or USB stick and place it on a new computer. Once this is done, you would then use the "Import Settings" option.

Please let me know if you are receiving the Explorer window that allows you to label the file with your exported settings. If not, we may need to try a fresh uninstall/reinstall of SecureAnywhere or use the support system to investigate further.
Userlevel 4
Mike...thanks very much.  Really strange...it didn't provide me with that option earlier but now it is working and I have saved the file.  Can't explain it but appreciate the help!
Userlevel 7
No problem at all! I think this is a pretty neat feature. If you are the 'tech guy/girl' in the family, you could just preload the proper settings onto a USB drive as well as the WSA installer and take it to each of their houses to install.
Userlevel 4
Yes...very cool...and thanks again for your help!
Userlevel 7
No problem! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 😃