Solved

Invalid Keycode?

• 15 February 2013
  • 6 replies

I was trying to add webroot to another computer, but everytime it asks for my keycode, it says "Enter a valid keycode. If you continue to receive this message contact SecureAnywhere support." ive done this before on 2 other computers, but have since removed webroot from those. Is that the reason why? The only computer that is currently protected with webroot is my laptop. All I wanted to do was to remove viruses from this other laptop that has major issues. I don't want to purchase another keycode but that is what its sounding like what im going to have to do. I copied and pasted it to the installation popup and I even removed the dashes and spaces. Can someone please explain what is going on? 

icon

Best answer by JimM 16 February 2013, 18:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
If you log into your Webroot Account you can check which computers are still listed as actively protected.  Click on PC Security and it will show you what computers are currently actively protected.  If there are computers listed that you have already removed WSA from, you can click on that computer, Advanced Options tab, and deactivate the computer from in the console.  This will release that license seat to be used on a different computer.
uhh problem...about 3 days ago I had just removed it from my list of protected computers but I didn't click deactivate, that i remember i just have one listed as protected. i think i just might have hit the X button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Then your going to have to Submit a Support Ticket or wait till tomorrow and a Webroot Staff Member will be able to help you! Please see here http://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Guidelines-please-read/Looking-for-Support/td-p/10124

TH
Userlevel 7
shortstuf888, I'm sending you a private message concerning your keycode that may help to resolve your issue. Please follow up with me via private message to let me know if it helps.
Userlevel 7
This was resolved by using the alphanumeric version of the keycode instead of the old, purely alpha version.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This was resolved by using the alphanumeric version of the keycode instead of the old, purely alpha version.
Well blow me down.. I should have thought of that I think.  Thanks for the update Jim!