Solved

Invalid keycode

• 24 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi so i bought this HP laptop and got a free antivirus software from best buy on 2014. It was on USA. But i tried to install it today and it said invalid key, i think it because i move to indonesia because i'am on indonesia now.
Please Suggest.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 24 December 2016, 12:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Fakhri

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The software bought in one country but installed in another should have no issue, but unfortunately if I recall correctly whereas a Webroot sourced subscription commences when you enter & activate the keycode with Best Buy the activation period starts from the date of purchase and so if you purchased in 2014 and are trying to activate, and I am correct in what I say, then clearly the free subscription period has now expired.

But you could always call Best Buy to check this out.

Having said that to make sure that yo were trying to use the correct keycode; for a Best Buy Subscription you can verify this easily by looking at the back of the packaging.  If there is a Best Buy Serial Number in the lower left corner, it is a Best Buy version.  Also, if on the front of the packaging it says anything about Install Immediately, Activated at Register, or something like that it will be a Best Buy Subscription.

If the above is the case and yo ustill want to try out WSA why not download a trial from the Webroot site - HERE for the Anitvirus version, HERE for the Intyernet Security PLus version or HERE for the Complete version.

See HERE for a page providing a comparison of the 3 versions.

Hope that helps? But if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards, Baldrick