Is Webroot compatible with Windows 10?

• 8 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have a compatibility issue with my Webroot SecureAnywhere product. Is there a fix for this issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Chesapeake93

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Yes, WSA v9 is Windows 10 ready/compatible, so you need to make sure that you have v9 (current version is v9.0.1.35) installed on you system (you can check by either opening the client and then clicking on the My Account tab or by hovering over the WSA notification tray icon, which should then display a bubble with the details of the version running).

Having said all of that there is a known issue with the fact that the Edge browser is currently imcompatible with the Webroot Filtering & Toolbar extension (see here for details).

Would you also be able to provide details of the compatability issue so that we can see if we have come across it before?

Regards, Baldrick
I have been a Webroot registered owner for a couple of years now. I recently purchased a new Toshiba Satellite Radius laptop with Windows pre-installed. The very first piece of software I installed was webroot. I continued to install numerous other programs and then did a shutdown. When I restarted I was presented with a Windows screen stating that it was attempting to automatically repair Windows. This didn't work and ultimately I had to completely restore Windows. I started over and the exact same thing occured. I brought that computer back assuming it was an issue with the computer. I did the same thing with new computer #2 and unfortunately had the exact same results. Brought it back to Best Buy and upgraded to a larger/faster Toshiba and had the same results on my third try. What the hell? After restoring the computer I did NOT install Webroot and everything has been working fine. I found one other post where the user had almost the identical issue as I had (https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3a8q9b/im_having_laptop_problems_and_im_about_to_go_mad/).

This process took me nearly four days to work through. To be honest at this point there is no way I'd attempt to install Webroot on my Toshiba device. Not sure what the issue is, but it happened on three out of three brand new computers. I'd love to hear from someone at Webroot on this.
Userlevel 7
Hi rtibbitts

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to say that I have never herad of this happening before and I suspect that the only persons technically competent to comment on what you are reporting is the Support Team. But given that you do not have WSA installed and causingthe issue I suspect that all they can work with is conjecture.

If you would like to contact them about this you can Open a Support Ticket to let them know and see if they can respond.

Regards, Baldrick
Turning off Secure Boot in the BIOS will get you around the issue. This only seems to happen on new PC's with Win 10 pre-installed.