Solved

Issues with Online Account Management

• 4 February 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there

Have recently extended my subscr1ption for secureanywhere by entering a previously purchased Essentials 2102 license key. Had checked with sales that this would work...and it did but it took a little while to convert the Essentials features to those for Complete (as per the conversion philosophy for this, i.e., old Essentials user get Complete and then can either renew that next time or downgrade.

Anyway, the net result of this renewal (this way) is that temporarily i reverted to Essentials functionality only until the coversion to Complete took place...and in the interim I lost the Password Management functionality in the browser, etc. no problem...that returned temporarily but on SUnday morning I found that I got a red banner at the top of the browser saying "Your subscription has expired. Renew now to continue accessing Password Management" and a Try Again option...which just asked me for my userid/password which I entered and so we went on in the same loop.

In an effort to break the loop I signed on to my.webrootanywhere to manage my account line (using the previously mentioned userid/password) successfully...so it obviously recognises my original account, and under 'Passwords' is see 'Your keycode has now expired' plus also have a 'Renew/upgrade option in the top right corner of the icon/option. Managed to get into the option and add my new license code (why did it not pick that up automatically when I entered it initially?) but still has not managed to allow be back to use the Password Management functionality.

Looks like a glitch which I would be grateful if anyone can advise as I have logged a ticket with Support but it is now some 24 hours since that and I have not had a peep out of them.

I am sure that someone else must have had this issue before..havn't they?.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Balders
icon

Best answer by MikeR 5 February 2013, 21:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forums Baldrick!

A couple of weeks ago, I had the same problem.  You will need to Submit a Trouble Ticket.  The problem is that the email address used for the Password Management is tied to a specific key code.  The support personal can 'move' that address/user account from the old key code to the new key code.

I would recomend that in the trouble ticket you include:
the email address of the affected Password Management account
the old key code
the new key code

I know you said you have made a trouble ticket, but you might try the above link to check on the status of that one, or if it does not appear, create a new one.
Userlevel 7
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply...(and the Welcome!...but I have been a member from the launch of the forum ;)). The reason I posted on the forum is that somewhat surprisungly for Support they have not responded as I am used to them doing, i.e., very quickly after submission of a ticket.

Will update it with the information you recommend and hope that that helps move it along.

Regards

Balders

EDIT:  Just updated the Support Ticket with the recommended details...the clock is now ticking.
Userlevel 7
The new keycode needs to be associated to your existing MyWebroot Account that expired a few days ago. This should allow you to access the same console with your saved passwords.

Edit: I was able to find your support ticket and associate your new keycode to your existing account. Please try logging in and let us know if it is fixed!
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Thanks for the update.  Have just tried again and all seems to be back to normal both on the broswer and in MyAccount, i.e., I can use the functionality as before...so many thanks for your intervention.

What is strange is that (i) one has to go through this rigmarole when all the information is available & (ii) in MY Account, under Passwords it is still showing as 'Your keycode has now expired', with a 'Renew/Upgrade' option in the top righthand corner, but when you click on 'Go to Passwords' it lets you me in, I can see & manage my passwords, etc...so perhaps a little glitch re. updating details?

No issue as I can use the fucntinality...but not neat really.

Anyway, thans again...I will Accept as a Solution.

Regards

Balders

Userlevel 7
Baldrick - I just made a change on the back-end that should resolve this for you. 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Thanks.  Can confirm that worked a treat.

Still have a 'Renew/Upgrade Option' on the PC Security icon but I thinkthat is because one of the protected PC has not been booted since the license renewal and therefore has not registered the new license...something I hope to deal with shortly.

Many thanks again.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
You will probably need to manually activate the new keycode into each separate computer since this was not exactly a renewal (you used a completely new keycode that was inactive).

I am glad that we were able to sort it out!